The National Assessment and Accreditation Council advocated the establishment of Internal Quality assurance Cell (IQAC) by all the institutions. Presidency University, Bengaluru was established in the year 2015. Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of the University was established on 20th August, 2018, as the quality sustenance activity. The IQAC plans, guides and monitors Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) activities of the University. The main task of the IQAC is to channelize the efforts and measures of the University towards maintaining academic excellence and robust internal governance.
To establish & effectively implement a robust quality system encompassing teaching, research, consultancy, continued education and also focus on the core and support functions to ensure accountability to stake holders through self-evaluation and continuous improvement.
- To develop quality into the academic and administrative activities of the University by educating, training, counselling and motivating all the members of the University.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- To design, develop and implement appropriate Quality Processes & Procedures for the academic and administrative activities of the University in consultation with all the concerned members.
- To identify and train a group of internal quality monitoring members to monitor the effective implementation of the quality system procedures.
- To ensure that the established Processes and Procedures are reviewed at periodic intervals and initiating necessary corrective measures towards continuous improvement
- To Maintain suitable documentation to support the Quality Processes and Procedures adopted
QUALITY ASSURANCE ACTIVITIES:
- To promote pedagogical innovation and encouraging innovative teaching practices among the staff and staff development.
- To promote use of e-resources for teaching and Learning Management System (LMS).
- To conduct Academic and Administrative Audit [AAA].
- To participate in NIRF, KSURF, NAAC, NBA Accreditation & Ranking Survey
- To participate in International Accreditation process.
- To Monitor student progress & mentoring system.
- To organize relevant Seminars, Workshops, Industrial and Educational visits for all students.
- To strengthen Career Guidance and Placement Cell.
- To encourage students to excel in various sports events.
- To motivate Faculty Members in Publication of Journals of International standards.
- To implement Feedback Systems on Faculty ,Curriculum, Institutional Performance, Library and Hostel facilities.
- To implement Feedback Systems from Parents, Alumni & Employers.
- To Promote entrepreneurial drive and create initiatives among students.
- To Engage Students in constructive and sensitive services to the community.
- To Sensitize students towards national causes.
- To Develop linkages with Industry and National/International Research Institutions.
- To facilitate Collaborations with Industries.
- To facilitate expansion of revenue sources through consultancy.
- To conduct regular FDP’s and MDP’s.
- Collaborations with Foreign Universities for various exchange programmes.
- To facilitate Faculty to apply to different state and central funding agencies for research projects.
FUNCTIONS OF IQAC:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks / parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching, learning and evaluation.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure.
- To obtain feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Enhance Industry Institute partnerships and have internships.
- Recognition of meritorious faculty based on achievements.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the University for coordinating quality-related Activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices.
IQAC COMPOSITION, TERM OF MEMBERS & MEETINGS OF IQAC:
- IQAC Composition
|Teachers||Deans & HODs|
|Management Representative||Vice President / Director of PGI|
|Senior Administrative Officers||Registrar & Other Senior Administrative Officers|
|Nominee from Local Society, Students and Alumni||
One Local Representative
Students Representative from any School/Program
Alumni Representative from any one School / Program
Nominee from Employers/Industrialists/
One Employer Representative
One or Two Parent Representatives from any School / Program
|Coordinator of the IQAC||Deputy Director, IQAC|
|External Experts||One / Two Academicians|
|Others||Chancellor, Pro Chancellor|
- Term of Members & Meetings of IQAC
- The tenure of Office of the Members of IQAC shall be for Three Years and may be extended by the Chairperson.
- All the meetings of IQAC shall always be chaired by Vice Chancellor and his / her absence, by any one of the nominees of the Vice Chancellor.
- IQAC shall meet at least Four Times a year on dates, times and places decided by the Chairperson / Vice Chancellor.
- The Agenda for IQAC meetings shall be prepared by Deputy Director, IQAC, under the instructions of and with prior approval of the Vice Chancellor / Chairperson.
- An accurate recording of proceedings (minutes) of each meeting shall be prepared and shall be maintained by the Deputy Director, IQAC at the office of Vice Chancellor.
- In order to facilitate collaboration, decentralization and smooth decision making and implementation of quality enhancement, the IQAC shall function at two levels viz.,
- IQAC Steering Committee: This committee shall ensure that there is consistent improvement of quality in the University by meeting twice a year. It will not only provide suggestions for quality improvement of the university but also review the activities of the IQAC in the University. (composition of this committee is as per the guidelines of NAAC).
- IQAC Team: The IQAC would originate the planning for Quality improvement and its proper implementation, in consultation with the Executive Committee. The documentation of all activities and submission of reports to external bodies comes under this committee. (composition of this committee is as per the guidelines of NAAC).