The objective of the School of management is to prepare students for the future. It is a challenge that we take on to equip the students today with the right knowledge, skills and attitude that will help them to be effective in any venture they choose. We believe in nurturing and developing them to become good individuals who are sensitive to the society around them. Learning and teaching in the management school covers all aspect of management. All the specializations are taught and facilitated by very experienced faculty and pedagogy followed is very innovative.
In its vision the Department of Management Studies clearly defines the need to create quality managers and entrepreneurs required to face the challenges of the corporate sector and the growing opportunities for young leaders. The department offers undergraduate courses in Masters Programme in Management (MBA). The modules offered under these courses are challenging and specifically designed to develop and enhance career opportunities and to contribute in the dissemination of academic and applied knowledge in business management.
Why SOM is Different, Value Proposition
SoM is committed to preparing competent, knowledgeable and socially responsible managers. The MBA programme of the school of management is different as well as innovation-driven.
Teaching-learning is student-driven: they initiate the beginning of the class
- 50% lecture, 50% student interaction
- Practicing ‘Socratic Dialogue’
- 5-10% of syllabus content is delivered by company executives
- HBS/IVEY cases are discussed in functional subjects
- Off-line MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) & TED.com lectures are used and discussed in classes
- Modified-POGIL (Process Oriented Guided Inquiry Learning) is used for directed, convergent and divergent learning
- ‘Analytical and critical thinking ability’ are inculcated, while ‘rote learning’ is discouraged
- Modern teaching-learning structure
- Contemporary and dynamic syllabus
- Experienced and trained faculty members with corporate background who bring research and management experience to the classroom
- Robust physical and intellectual infrastructure
- Constant industry interface
- Diversity amongst students and faculty members
- Adequate scope for personal development
- Extra-curricular activities
- Strong career enhancement and placement facilities
Industrial Practice [IP]
- Monitored Internship of 2 months, post First Year, Reinforced with a 4-months Stipendiary industrial
- Envisages Guest Lectures on emerging Aspects of Business and industry.
- Under the aegis of the Industry-Interface Program, Management Development Programs, Executive Development Programs , Panel discussions driven by industry doyens and the academic stalwarts will be conducted to make students Industry-Worthy.
- Industrial Practice is a Pre Placement Exercise aimed at providing the students with a hands-on experience, making them industry ready.