Welcome to the Mechanical Engineering Department in the School of Engineering, Presidency University, Bengaluru.
The Mechanical Engineering Department in Presidency University is one of the major departments in terms of faculty, students, and activities. The department is dedicated to the teaching and research activities in the areas of Design, Thermal & Manufacturing Engineering. The department educates students to take up challenging jobs in a wide range of industries and engage themselves in research and development activities for the good of society.
It continues to lead and expand its activities in various directions. The academic activities are supported by well-equipped laboratories, including Workshop, Engineering Graphics, Computer Aided Design, and Production Techniques, Heat Transfer and Prime movers and Fluid Mechanics Laboratories.
Best Mechanical Engineering Colleges in Bangalore
B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering graduates of Presidency University, will be able to:
- Plan and monitor aspects of design, manufacturing methods, fabrication and production.
- Design and develop products, equipment, machines, components, systems related to the generation, transmission, and use of mechanical energy using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Investigate and report equipment failures, faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
- Test and recommend models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Research and analyse the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanical equipment, components and systems.
On successful completion of B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering programme from Presidency University a student will be able to:
- Apply mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to mechanical engineering.
- Solvebasic mechanical engineering problems using first principles of mathematics and engineering sciences.
- Design of mechanical components, assemblies, products and systems for domestic, commercial and industrial applications.
- Investigatemechanical engineering problems including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- Select appropriate techniques, resources, and modern mechanical engineering tools, including prediction and modelling, to complex mechanical engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- Identify societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to mechanical engineering practice.
- Appraise professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of mechanical engineering practice.
- Relate the impact of mechanical engineering solutions in a societal context and demonstrating knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Assess management and business practices, such as risk and change management, and understanding their limitations in the context of mechanical engineering.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- Write effective reports and design documentation, making effective presentations, and giving and receiving clear instructions.
- Justify the need for engaging in independent and life-long learning.
Graduate Mechanical Engineers have job opportunities in manufacturing sector (product development and design, production etc.), automobile companies, sales and service, aerospace industry, marine industry, metallurgical industry, mining industry, defence industry, power stations, nuclear industry etc. Some of the common designations include design engineer, production engineer, project engineer, quality engineer, sales engineer, service engineer etc.