Welcome to the Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department in the School of Engineering, Presidency University, Bengaluru.
The department is dedicated to the teaching and research activities in the areas of electrical and electronics, instrumentation and control engineering. The department educates students to take up challenging jobs in a wide range of industries and engage themselves in research and development activities for the welfare of society.
Courses offered by the department cater to learning needs from the basic to the advanced level. The department offers a variety of discipline electives and covers most of the modern technologies. The state-of-the-art laboratories provide hands-on experiences and support research activities.
Top Electrical Engineering Colleges in Bangalore
Electrical and Electronics Engineering’s graduates of Presidency University, will be able to:
- Design, implement, maintain and improve electrical and electronic instruments, equipment, facilities, components, products and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
- Design and program engineering schematics for electrical transmission and distribution systems, electrical installation in residential, commercial, industrial buildings, using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Install and maintain electrical and electronic control systems, industrial automation systems and programmable logic controllers.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, or testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements.
- Test and report the performance of electrical and electronic components, assemblies and systems.
On successful completion of B.Tech. Electrical and Electronics Engineering programme from Presidency University, a student will be able to:
- Apply mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to electrical and electronics engineering.
- Solve basic electrical and electronics engineering problems using first principles of mathematics and engineering sciences.
- Design electrical and electronic components, assemblies, products and systems for domestic, commercial and industrial applications.
- Investigate electrical and electronics engineering problems including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- Select appropriate techniques, resources, and modern electrical and electronics engineering tools, including prediction and modelling, to complex electrical and electronics engineering activities/problems, with an understanding of the limitations.
- Identify societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to electrical and electronics engineering practice.
- Have appraising professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of electrical and electronics engineering practice.
- Relate the impact of electrical and electronics engineering solutions in a societal context and demonstrating knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Assess management and business practices, such as risk and change management, and understanding their limitations in the context of electrical and electronics engineering.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- Write effective reports and design documentation, making effective presentations, and giving and receiving clear instructions.
- Justify the need for engaging in independent and life-long learning.
Graduate Electrical and Electronics engineers enter into careers in state/central government jobs, utility service companies and manufacturing industry. Some popular portfolios are assistant engineer in transmission and distribution department, design engineer/ fabrication engineer/ testing engineer/ quality engineer in industries.