ADMISSIONS OPEN FOR SCHOOL OF DESIGN
Will be updated
For admissions in the 1st batch of B. Des Program in Academic Year 2020-21
• The candidate must have passed 12th grade or 10+2 from any stream (Science, Commerce, Art etc) with minimum 50% aggregate marks obtained in the final examination
• Candidates currently appearing for the 12 or 10+2 grade final examination are also eligible to apply for the said program, however to secure an admission it is mandatory to have passed the examination with marks as mentioned in the point above
Admissions in the B.Des program are subject to performance in PDET (Presidency’s Design Entrance Test). Candidates are required to fill up an application form in order to enroll for the entrance test, which is available in the link mentioned above for Rs.1000 per applicant.
Presidency’s Design Entrance Test (PDET)
To better assess an applicant’s potential, aptitude and ability to join the B.Des program, the entrance test is conducted in two phases and is mandatory for every applicant to complete both the phases.
In this phase applicants are required to submit a STATEMENT OF PURPOSE, which is to be sent to us online. This is the most important aspect of the entrance test because it is the first impression that you as an applicant will create by articulatingwho you are, your purpose for applying for the particular program, whyyou are a good candidate and what are your future goals.
Phase 2 will be conducted on campus at Bengaluru. This part of the entrance test is further divided into 3 rounds as mentioned below.
• Through General Knowledge Testwe will see how you view the world, what concerns you and what is your interest
• In Design Aptitude Testyou will show your creativity, logical thinking and applications (drawing etc.)
• In Personal Interview we will have a talk with you to know you in person and see what you like to do (music, cooking, sports, painting, trekking, illustration, making things; please do carry your creations. It is not needed to bring a portfolio- if you are a good cook, get us some food)