Discover how to unleash your creativity at the Presidency University School of Design, where artistic expression and innovation meet. This design school offers well-curated programs in various design fields like space, communication, product, and fashion. The school also offers a program in multimedia as well. The industry-experienced faculty nurtures the aesthetic talents of students to prepare them for a strong career in the creative world.
Through highly equipped studios and industry collaborations, it enables graduates to study in a collaborative setting that fosters technical proficiency, artistic sensibility, and design thinking. Welcome to the Presidency School of Design, where purpose and passion collide, push boundaries, and make a lasting impact on the design community.
To become a value-based, innovation-driven School of Design, transforming students into visionary designers, who shape the world with creative and socially sustainable solutions.
- Inspire and train students to be creative thinkers and designers.
- Empower students with design knowledge to address social, technical, and economic challenges with innovative solutions.
- Sensitize students to embrace lifelong learning in a technology-enabled environment.
- Foster strategic alliances between society and academia for research and its practical application.
- Instill entrepreneurial and leadership skills to address social, environmental and community needs.
ADMISSIONS OPEN : 2024-25 ( Click on the preferred course below to apply )
B. Design ( 4 years Full time program)
B. Sc ( 3 years Full time program)
- A candidate seeking admission for B.DES program should have passed Pre-University / Higher Secondary /10+2 examination Pass with Arts /Commerce /Science stream, obtained at least 45 % marks & 40% in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST and other Reserved Categories like Category -1 and OBC (2A, 2B, 3A and 3B) belonging to Karnataka.
- Candidate should have appeared in any National or State level or Presidency University
entrance examination like UCEED
B.Sc. – Multimedia:
- A candidate seeking admission in B.Sc. Multimedia should have passed (10 +2) / PUC or equivalent exam with minimum of 50 % marks in aggregate
Students are required to appear/ clear any of the National/State – Level Design Entrance Examination. (UCEED/NIFT)
Additionally, students can appear for the Presidency University Design Entrance Test (PUDET).
Followed by entrance test, candidates are required to appear for the Studio Test.
Scholastic and extracurricular records will be given due weightage.
Applications are to be submitted through online process only.
Standard X mark sheet to be attached
Registration fees are to be paid upon confirmation of provisional admission.
Applicants are requested to submit their filled – in application orm along with attested copies of the below mentioned documents:
Standard X Mark Sheet
Standard XII Mark Sheet
Migration Certificate (for non-Karnataka students)
Entrance Exam Score Card
Passport – size Photographs (5 in Nos.)
Admissions in the B.Des program are subject to performance in PUDET (Presidency University’s Design Entrance Test). Candidates are required to fill up an application form in order to enroll for the entrance test, which is available in the link mentioned above for Rs.1000 per applicant.
Presidency University’s Design Entrance Test (PUDET)
To better assess an applicant’s potential, aptitude and ability to join the B.Des program, the entrance test is conducted in two phases and is mandatory for every applicant to complete both the phases.
In this phase applicants are required to submit a STATEMENT OF PURPOSE, which is to be sent to us online. This is the most important aspect of the entrance test because it is the first impression that you as an applicant will create by articulatingwho you are, your purpose for applying for the particular program, whyyou are a good candidate and what are your future goals.
Phase 2 will be conducted on campus at Bengaluru. This part of the entrance test is further divided into 3 rounds as mentioned below.
• Through General Knowledge Testwe will see how you view the world, what concerns you and what is your interest
• In Design Aptitude Testyou will show your creativity, logical thinking and applications (drawing etc.)
• In Personal Interview we will have a talk with you to know you in person and see what you like to do (music, cooking, sports, painting, trekking, illustration, making things; please do carry your creations. It is not needed to bring a portfolio- if you are a good cook, get us some food)