The Presidency School of Law, ranked 16th among the best law colleges in India according to the IIRF Rankings 2023, with its pragmatic approach, provides an inclusive legal education. The experienced academia, comprised of legal scholars and practitioners, guides students through rigorous programs in civil rights, criminal law, technology law, and intellectual property law. Immerse yourself in a robust learning environment that emphasizes legal reasoning, ethics, and practical skills.
With facilities, hands-on practical learning opportunities, and a commitment to justice, the Presidency School of Law prepares graduates to excel in the legal landscape. Join us at the School of Law, where passion meets practice, and forge a path toward a successful and impactful legal career.
To become a value-based, advocacy-driven School of Law, dedicated to building future legal professionals, upholding the rule of law and contributing positively to society.
- Equip students with the knowledge and skills to uphold the legal institutions of the nation.
- Transform students into contemporary legal professionals, to address modern-day social, political and technological issues.
- Sensitize students to embrace lifelong learning in a technology-enabled environment.
- Foster strategic alliances between the legal fraternity and academia for research and practice.
- Instill leadership skills to address social, environmental and community needs.
ADMISSIONS OPEN : 2024-25 ( Click on the preferred course below to apply )
- Candidates seeking admission to One-Year Master of Law (LL.M) Degree Program should have passed 3 year LLB Degree or 5 year integrated Law Degree from a recognized university, with at least minimum 50% in Aggregate of the Total Marks of the Qualifying Examination. 45% aggregate marks in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST and other Reserved Categories.
- Admission to One Year Master of Law (LL.M) Program shall be based on merit in the qualifying degree, scores secured in the All India Admission Test conducted every year by the Universities individually or by a group of universities collectively, specifically for this purpose, with the objective of testing aptitude for teaching/research, legal reasoning, and comprehension / basic legal knowledge and interview conducted by Presidency University, Centre for Post-Graduate Legal Studies (CPGLS).
- Candidate should have appeared in any National level or State level or Presidency University entrance examination like CLAT, LSAT.
- A candidate seeking admission to the B.B.A.LLB (Hons.), B.Com.LLB, B.A.LLB. (Hons.) Programs should have passed 10+2 or an equivalent examination from any recognized board with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate. Should an age limit to such admission be mandated by the prescribed authority, the same will be binding on such admissions. Candidates, whose age is above 20 years as on July 01 on the year of admission, shall furnish an undertaking to the university to this effect.
- Candidate should have appeared in any National or State level or Presidency University entrance examination like CLAT, LSAT and such others
PULAT* ( Presidency University Law Admission Test )
PI* ( Personal Interview )
- Students are required to appear/ Clear any of the National Level Entrance Examination. (CLAT/ LSAT)
- Additionally students can appear for Entrance cum Scholarship Test, Presidency University Law Admission Test (PULAT).
- Followed by Entrance test, Candidate are required to appear for Personal Interview.
- Scholastic and extracurricular records will be given due weightage.
- Applications to be submitted through online process only
- Standard X Mark Sheet to be attached
- Registration fess to be paid upon confirmation of Provisional admission.
Applicants are requested to submit their filled in Application Form along with attested copies of the below mentioned documents:
- Standard X Mark Sheet
- Standard XII Mark Sheet
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate (For Non-Karnataka students)
- Entrance Exam score card
- Passport Size Photographs (5 in Nos.)
- A candidate seeking admission for BCA Program should have passed 10+2 or an equivalent examination from any recognized board with a minimum of 50 % marks in aggregate.
B.Sc. Data Science:
- A candidate seeking admission to B.Sc. Data Sc. Should have passed (10 + 2) / PUC or equivalent examination with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects with minimum 50 % marks in aggregate.
- Passed BCA/ Bachelor Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent Degree (OR) Passed B.Sc./ B.Com./ B.A. with Mathematics at 10+2 Level or at Graduation Level.
- Obtained at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying Examination.
- Candidate should have appeared in any National or State level or Presidency University entrance examination PGCET, KMAT.