Welcome to Computer Science & Engineering Department, School of Engineering, Presidency University, Bengaluru.
We work with motivation and dedication to impart the best knowledge to the budding thoughts admitted in our department. A wide range of courses is offered to students to help them in the understanding of the various intricacies involved in computing. The courses are designed in a way to invoke students’ ability to think originally and creatively. The faculty members of CS department are trained to produce computer engineers with the ability to design and develop systems involving the integration of software and hardware devices. The department is equipped with modern computer labs with well-trained lab assistants to empower students with a better understanding of the theory lecture sessions and to give them an exposure to practical problem solving.
Computer Science Engineering Colleges in Bangalore
Computer Science & Engineering graduate’s of Presidency University, will be able to:
- Direct and coordinate activities concerned with software/hardware design, development, and testing.
- Design and develop products and systems for various applications.
- Monitor and analyse computing system performance for network traffic, security, and capacity.
- Order and maintain inventory of computing equipment for customer premises equipment, facilities, access networks and backbone network
- Operate and trouble shoot computer-assisted engineering, design software and equipment to perform various engineering tasks.
On successful completion of B.Tech. Computer Science Engineering programme from Presidency University a student will be able to:
- Apply mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to computer science engineering.
- Solve basic computer science engineering problems using first principles of mathematics and engineering sciences.
- Design computing systems for domestic, commercial, and industrial applications.
- Investigate computer engineering problems including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- Select appropriate techniques, resources, and modern computer science engineering tools, including prediction and modelling, to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- Identify societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to computer science engineering practice.
- Appraise professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of computer science engineering practice.
- Relate the impact of computer science engineering solutions in a societal context and demonstrating knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Assess management and business practices, such as risk and change management, and understanding their limitations in the context of computer science engineering.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams in multi-disciplinary settings.
- Write effective reports and design documentation, making effective presentations, and giving and receiving clear instructions.
- Justify the need for engaging in independent and life-long learning.
Computer science engineers have job opportunities in the software industry and almost all the other sectors too. There are three main domains in the job market for computer science engineers, viz application, system and support. Some of the common designations are Software Developers, Web Developers, Database Administrators, Computer/ System Programmers, Computer Hardware Engineers, Network and Computer Systems Administrators etc.