MBA in Logistics &Supply Chain Management aims to develop future leaders and managers in the fast-growing Logistics & Supply chain sector.The programme provides inputs and understanding of multiple facets of supply chain business including purchasing, materials management, supply-chain management, transportation, customs regulations, multi model transportation, global supply chain management, Legal & Safety Issues in Supply Chain Sectorand information technology among various other aspects.
This programme equips the participants in terms of appreciation and usage of technology in supply chain and logistics management which will lead to far reaching impact on businesses of the future.
1. DOMAIN SPECIFIC: This program provides specialization within an MBA program in Logistics and Supply chain management
2. PROJECT WORK -:
- Students undergo multiple projects throughout the program with the different relevant industries
- Focus is on developing the concept of supply and value chain in various industries.
- Acquire knowledge and understanding of multiple facets of transportation, regulations, foreign
- exchange and international trade among various other aspects.
3. SKILLS: Developing the skills of students through:
- Personality Enhancement program; interweaving liberal arts courses for broadening their horizons.
- Guest lectures, workshops & seminars by the experts working with the marquee companies.
Social emulsion; to understand grass root level applications.
4. INDUSTRIAL TOURS:
- To enhance the practical knowledge & provide a real-world exposure.
- To visits to specialized companies in the industry
STRONG CONCEPTUAL KNOWLEDGE:
- Understand the supply chain management principles and deliver customer-oriented quality outcomes within required frameworks.
- Development of logistics operations to source and utilise appropriate technology to support the supply chain business.
- Implementation of logistics strategies and managing resources.
- Knowledge of supply chain solutions in a dynamic business environment at the strategic, tactical and operational levels to ensure sustainable business practices.
2. DEMAND: The students are highly sought after as they are ‘market ready’ in a newly emerging sector.
3. WORKSHOPS, SEMINARS & INTERNSHIP:
Helps students to develop soft skills and experientially blend the content into the curriculum.
4. INTERACTION: Well defined internships prior to final year provide real world experience.
1. High Corporate Exposure & Market Acceptance
2. Higher Studies: The students are accepted by foreign universities for higher studies
3. High Demand: Professionals who are expert in logistics and supply chain management are sought after.
4. GOOD CAREER PROSPECTS-
Common job profiles available to graduates from these programs include:
- Logistic Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- Logistic Coordinator
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Commercial Manager
- Operations Manager
- Purchasing Manager
Graduation in any programme from recognised University or college.
A minimum aggregate score of 60% (50% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the graduation level.
MBA in Logistics & Supply Chain Management
|SEMESTER I||SEMESTER II|
|Economics & Management Decisions||3||Research Methodology||3|
|Quantitative Methods||3||Human Resource Management||3|
|Organizational Behaviour||3||Project Mgmt. & Contract Administration||3|
|Business Communication||3||Executive Communication||3|
|Operations & Materials Management||3||Logistics Planning & Strategy||3|
|Urban Sociology||2||Retail Supply Chain Management||3|
|Marketing Management||3||Financial Management in Supply Chain Industry||3|
|Principles & Practices of Management||3||Introduction to Psychology||2|
|Introduction to Supply Chain Management||3||Science of Well Being||2|
|Accounting in Logistics & Supply Chain Sector||3||Industrial Visits||3|
|Application of Spreadsheets in Business||3|
|SEMESTER III||SEMESTER IV|
|Entrepreneurship and Product Development||2||Customer Relationship Management||3|
|International Business||3||Design Thinking and Team Building||3|
|Procurement and Supplier Relationship Management||3||Legal & Safety Issues in Supply Chain Sector||3|
|Supply Chain Modelling, Design & Simulation||3||Business & Supply Chain Risk Management||3|
|Business Process Re- Engineering||3||IT Application in Supply Chain Management||3|
|Campus to Corporate||2||Leadership in a Dynamic Business Environment||2|
|Global Supply Chain Management||3||Strategic Management||3|
|Multi Model Transportation||3||Dissertation II (Analysis Results and Report)||8|
|Modern Art & Ideas||2|
|Dissertation- I (Synopses and Review)||4|
*The above program structure is indicative in nature. The academic council of Presidency University reserves the rights to change, modify, or alter the curriculum structure and courses as per contemporary demand of the industry.