MBA in Business Analytics focuses primarily on analytics which is an amalgamation of statistics, mathematics and computing sciencesthat has become one of the most prominent data science application for modern business.
The programme provides inputs to solve business problems utilizing quantitative analysis, critical thinking and sound ethical decision making. It also helps in developing the skills to carry out analytical procedures and support an organisation by identifying methods and tools to improve and optimise existing business processes with ease.
This programme covers many interesting topics such as Supply chain analytics, Energy analytics, Business process re-engineering, ERM, Business Intelligence, Big Data Analytics, Marketing Analytics etc.
1.DOMAIN SPECIFIC: This program provides specialization within an MBA program in Business Analytics
2.PROJECT WORK -:
- Students undergo multiple projects throughout the program with the different relevant industries
- Focus is on developing the in-depth concepts of business analytics
- Acquire the skills, technologies, practices to gain insight and drive business planning through analytics.
3. SKILLS: Developing the skills of students through:
- Personality Enhancement program; interweaving liberal arts courses for broadening their horizons.
- Guest lectures, workshops & seminars by the experts working with the marquee companies.
- Social emulsion; to understand grass root level applications.
4. INDUSTRIAL TOURS:
- To enhance the practical knowledge & provide a real-world exposure.
- To visits to specialized companies in the industry
1.STRONG CONCEPTUAL KNOWLEDGE:
- Design alternatives to solve business problems utilizing quantitative analysis, critical thinking and sound ethical decision making.
- Develop the skills to carry out analytical procedures and support an organisation by identifying methods and tools to improve and optimise existing business processes with ease.
- Acquire knowledge to apply set of metrics in order to gain insights into business performance and future strategic planning.
2.DEMAND: The students are highly sought after as they are ‘market ready’ in a newly emerging sector.
3. WORKSHOPS, SEMINARS & INTERNSHIP:
Helps students to develop soft skills and experientially blend the content into the curriculum.
4. INTERACTION: Well defined internships prior to final year provide real world experience
1. High Corporate Exposure & Market Acceptance
2. Higher Studies: The students are accepted by foreign universities for higher studies
3. High Demand: Professionals who are expert in Business analytics are sought after.
4. GOOD CAREER PROSPECTS-
Common job profiles available to graduates from these programs include:
- Business Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Big Data Analyst
- Data Warehousing Analyst
- Business Intelligence Expert
- Data Mining Expert
- Business Analytics Specialist.
- Management Consultant.
- Graduation in any programme (preferably with mathematics or statistics as one of subject) from recognised University or college.
- A minimum aggregate score of 60% (50% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the graduation level.
|SEMESTER I||SEMESTER II|
|Economics & Management Decisions||3||Research Methodology||3|
|Quantitative Methods||3||Human Resource Management||3|
|Organizational Behaviour||3||Project Mgmt. & Contract Administration||3|
|Business Communication||3||Executive Communication||3|
|Urban Sociology||2||Big Data Analytics||3|
|Marketing Management||3||Marketing Analytics||3|
|Principles & Practices of Management||3||Programming for Analytics||3|
|Business Analytics||3||Introduction to Psychology||2|
|Business Intelligence||2||Science of Well Being||2|
|Application of Spreadsheets in Business||3||Industrial Visits||3|
|SEMESTER III||SEMESTER IV|
|International Business||3||Customer Relationship Management||3|
|Supply Chain Analytics||3||Consultancy Management||3|
|Energy Analytics||3||Business & Supply Chain Risk Management||3|
|Business Process Re- Engineering||3||Strategic Management||3|
|Social and Web Analytics||3||Leadership in a Dynamic Business Environment||2|
|Enterprise Risk Management||3||Legal Aspects of Business||3|
|Critical Analysis & Writing||2||Design Thinking and Team Building||3|
|Modern Art & Ideas||2||Dissertation II (Analysis Results and Report)||8|
|Entrepreneurship and Product Development||2|
|Campus to Corporate||2|
|Dissertation- I (Synopses and Review)||4|