The undergraduate programme in Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is offered by the School of Management as a podium to prepare fresh thoughts with a positive attitude for excellent performance and committed service. It provides the accurate cherishing ground to empower students to pursue their career ambitions.
The three year BBA degree programme is divided into six semesters and is designed as per the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) model curriculum prescribed by UGC. It includes core papers, discipline specific electives, generic electives and skill enhancement courses. Discipline specific electives offered in the fifth and the sixth semesters are in the following streams: Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Entrepreneurship, and Business Analytics. Students are required to undertake a micro project during the final semester.
The programme focuses on developing the students and equipping them to meet the managerial challenges of the 21st century. The ability to work in teams is also focused upon as a key skill to be developed for success in the work-place.
The programme also aims to develop the student’s independent thinking, decision-making capability and research aptitude. Learning is enhanced through many pedagogical tools like case studies, presentations, internships, research projects, industrial visits, and guest lecturers from a pool of industry experts.
Aimed at the holistic development of the students, the Department facilitates participation in various National and International fests. It also conducts many curricular and co-curricular activities on a regular basis. Social responsibility is a thrust area and students are encouraged to participate in community development initiatives.
- Create holistically developed management graduates ready to meet the challenges of the future domestically and at global level.
- Establish graduates who have conceptual clarity, analytical ability, critical thinking and communication skills with a positive attitude for excellent performance and committed service.
- Facilitate the process of becoming confident entrepreneurs equipped with the right knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- Graduates who are able to leverage theoretical knowledge to design sustainable solutions to real world problems in the areas of finance, marketing, human resources and analytics.
Regular classroom lectures shall be accompanied by different methods the instructors find suitable to deliver better learning.
- Case Studies
- Role Plays
- Seminars and Presentations
- Simulation Exercises
- Current Affairs Sessions relevant to the topic
- Google Class rooms
- Flip classes
- Field study reports
- Periodic subjective and objective Tests
- Article reviews
- Case analysis
- Group discussions
‘Graduate attributes are the qualities, skills and understandings a university community agrees its students should develop during their time with the institution.
- Domain knowledge
- Leadership skills
- Team work
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Societal skills
- To deliver high quality specialised learning to management students with a blend of research and participative culture.
- To prepare students to meet the managerial encounters in ever changing competitive and technology driven economies.
- To focus on the holistic development of the student with conceptual clarity, analytical ability, critical thinking and communication skills.
- To prepare young minds with a positive attitude for excellent performance and committed service.
- To facilitate the entrepreneurial journey of students by providing them with the breadth and depth of knowledge required to start a business.