Spread across 3 locations, Presidency University currently hosts a main Library in the Management Block which hosts reference books for the School of Engineering. Right across is the Library Annexe, where one can find books on management and commerce. On the fifth floor of the S block is the Library that serves the School of Law.
The Library has a collection of over 60000+ books and subscribes to 335 national and international Journals, 40 magazines and 20 Newspapers. The Library subscribes to 25 online databases covering Engineering, Law, Management, Design and Humanities.
The Library is completely automated using KOHA LMS (Library Management software), and the WEB OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) is accessible from anywhere. The Library’s resources are secured with an RFID security system. A self-check-out kiosk and a Dropbox have been provided to facilitate the circulation of books effectively. PUL supports academic publishing by ensuring what is published is of high quality and relevant to the field, focusing on institutional repositories and open access. Following are some of the features of PU library.
- D-Space open-source software is being used for an institutional repository at PUL. Here, the Library archives e-books, faculty research articles, photographs, question papers, Thesis and Dissertations, University documents and the like. One can easily access the resources through the link provided on the library website.
- You can access the Audiovisual material using computers and television. You can also watch live or recorded online video lectures such as NPTEL lectures and Swayam lectures using the television provided.
- Plagiarism check software Turnitin and Drillbit.
- Knimbus Remote access platform.
- Free Reprography services for reference resources.
- Library OPAC on-campus and off-campus.
- 335 print journals, 40 General magazines and 20 newspapers
- Mobile App – “Libraries in Hand”.
- 25 computer machines with internet access
- The Library subscribes to IEEE, Science Direct, EBSCO, ProQuest, Emerald, SCOPUS, Web of Science etc. For Engineering and other Schools. In addition, ProwessIQ, CapitaLine, IndiaStat, Mutual Fund databases are being subscribed to access economic and statistics.
The Library caters to the faculty and students apart from the 500+ research scholars who are both full-time and part-time. There are three research scholars pursuing their doctoral studies in Library silence under the guidance of the Chief Librarian, Dr. Sheshadri.