Graduated with Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical and Production Engineering from Annamalai University, Chidambaram, India in 1989 and obtained Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with the specialization of Manufacturing from the Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India in 1997. Received the Doctorate Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Anna University Chennai, India in 2008. I have 27 years of teaching experience in which I served in Ethiopia for two years from October 2003 to August 2005 at Mekelle University under the Ministry of Higher Education sponsored by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). Also worked in Salalah College of Technology, Oman for two years from November 2008 to August 2010. I held various administrative positions in premier institutions including the Principal of the Engineering College, Head of the Department etc. I am currently working as a Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Presidency University, Bangalore, India. In addition to the academic experience, I have 2 years of industrial experience.
I am active researcher in the field of Manufacturing Engineering and presently guiding 9 Ph.D. research scholars. To date, produced 10 Ph.D. research scholars and contributed more than 103 publications in the International Journals, National Journals, and Conferences. I have experience in OBE implementation in curriculum. I worked as a key member for obtaining NAAC, NBA (Tier 2) certification to my previous Institution
Memberships, affiliations, etc
- Fellow Member – IE – Institution of Engineers, INDIA ( F/115577-2)
- Life Member –ISTE– Indian Society of Technical Education, INDIA (LM80389)
- Life Member –ASME– American Society for Mechanical Engineers, USA (7096191)
- Life Member –PMAI–Powder Metallurgy Association of India, INDIA (LM82312)
- Life Member – AeSI – Aeronautical Society of India, INDIA (LM-20164)
- Member – SAEINDIA – Society of Automotive Engineers India (M-7170412314)
- Life Member –TSI– Tribology Society of India (LM#5888)
Head of the Department – Mechanical Engineering
Additive Manufacturing, Smart Manufacturing, Engineering Graphics, Machine Drawing, Mechatronics and Automation, CAD/CAM/CIM, NC machine tools and programming, Metal cutting, Manufacturing Processes, Design for Manufacture, Fluid power systems/Industrial automation - Hydraulics and Pneumatics, Machine Design, Production Planning and Cost Estimation, Unconventional Machining Processes etc.
- Machining of Aerospace alloys/Titanium alloys and other difficult to cut materials.
- Composite Materials, Nano composite materials, Characterization
- Performance Study of Advanced Cutting Tools.
- Modeling of Machining Processes using Artificial Intelligence tools.
- Performance study of Advanced Machining/Micromachining Processes.