|Name:Dr. Chandankeri Ganapathi Gurlingappa
Qualification : Ph.D.
Experience : 25 Years
- Recipient of Hindi merit scholarship in Pre-University Board, Govt. of Karnataka.
- Recipient of merit scholarship for securing first class in M.Sc. (Applied Geology).
- Worked as a Scientist at Karnataka State Remote Sensing Centre, Govt. Of Karnataka, from 1995 to 1998 and involved in creating GIS database using satellite imageries and conventional data for the preparation of action plans on land and water resources of Karnataka State. Also, involved in the preparation of training material and delivering a talk to the line departments of Government officers, NGO’s, farmers on application of satellite data in managing natural resources.
- Resource Scientist at IN-RIMT Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore (Recognized by Dept. of Space, Govt. of India) One year (1998-1999), carried out Satellite Image interpretation, ground truth verification, soil salinity measurement (in the field using spectral radiometer), Hydro-geological investigation, EIA and management plan for canal alignment, waste land mapping, training material preparation and providing training to the line dept. officers and report preparation.
- Senior Project Manager, at TIDE Bangalore from February 1999 to October 2012 and was involved in the following activities;
- Site visits to various industries, institutions, Agriculture fields, Houses / Apartments, to design rainwater harvesting system, implementation and monitoring of the structures and recharging of borewells for enhancing the quality and quantity of groundwater aquifers. Various methods were developed for rooftop rainwater harvesting and artificial recharging options for borewells. Additionally, study on groundwater level and water quality parameters were carried out in many part of the state.
- Presentations were made on water harvesting and artificial recharge methods to different audience like builders / contractors, Engineers, staff of different NGO’s, Educational institutions, Govt. officials, farmers, Industrialists, etc.,
- Involved in the study of rainwater harvesting system for polyhouses (for water security) for growing different crops in the polyhouses using modern agri-methodologies and collection of data on the performance and economics of the system. Trainings were provided to women SHG’s (Self Help Group) on cultivation of high value crops in the greenhouses.
- Completed a Three year project on “community based sustainable water management in the Peri-urban area of Bangalore City. The project was supported by Dept. Of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
- Completed a project on Creation of rainwater harvesting facility at BASE (Bangalore Association for Science Education), Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium, Bangalore supported by Adobe India Pvt. Ltd. and facilitated by CAF (Charity Aid Foundation), India.
- Executed a project on “Conversion of school campus into an “Environmental friendly zone” in KendriyaVidyalaya campus, IISc, Bangalore. The project is supported by Adobe India and facilitated by CAF, India.
- Implemented a project on Capacity building of women for a greenhouse horticulture Enterprise supported by GSRD foundation, Netherland.
- Completed Sir Dorabji Tata Trust supported project on School & Community Horticulture Enterprise – A nutritional support for Primary Education in Tiptur taluk, Tumkur district, India.
- Carried out R & D activities on water conservation methods in agriculture sector, Industries, Tea gardens and Coffee estates. Professional training attended
- One month training course on groundwater exploration techniques offered at National Geophysical Research Institute (NGRI), Hyderabad, Govt. of India.
- Short term training course in Digital Image Processing conducted at the Regional Remote Sensing Service Centre, Bangalore, Dept. of Space,Govt. of India.
- Ten weeks computer course on UNIX & C at Reliance Computer Centre, Jalahalli, Bangalore.
- One month open cast mine training at Bisgod Manganese Mines, Bisgod, North Kanara district, A Govt. of Karnataka Undertaking.
- Three weeks underground mine training at Chitradurga Copper Unit, Ingaldal, A Govt. of Karnataka Enterprise.
- “Training program for the trainers on watershed management”, Sponsored by Department of Science and Technology (DST), Science & Society Division, Government of India, at CReNIEO Training Centre for development, Muttukadu, Chennai (India) – 630 112.
- Urban rainwater training programme at Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), New Delhi from 27th to 31 January 2005, conducted by CSE, New Delhi.
- Training programme on “ Groundwater exploration by resistivity and well logging techniques” conducted by Integrated Geo-instruments & Services Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad, in Hyderabad from 20th to 27th June to 02nd July, 2005.
- Watershed Development exposure – orientation program, village experience – by WOTR organization, Ahmadnagar, (10 – 14 May, 2011).
- Training in case study writing and documentation – by Communication for Development and learning (CDL), Bangalore (21-23 February 2012 and 17 and 18th April 2012)
- B.K.Wodeyar, G.G.Chandankeri & G.Sreenivasan, “Remote Sensing and Geo-electrical investigations for demarcation of groundwater potential zones in Kumadvati River Lower Basin, Karnataka State, Journal of Applied Hydrology, Vol. XI Nos. 2 & 3, April & July, 1998, pp. 35 -46, published by Association of Hydrologists of India and Andhra University.
- B.K.Wodeyar, S.M.Kalagudi and G.G.Chandankeri, “Fluoride incidence in groundwaters of Sandur taluk, Bellary district, Karnataka”, Journal of Indian Academy of Geoscience, Vol.39, No.1, pp. 7- 14 (Sudarshan Raju Volume). National /International Conference Paper:
- Dr.Chandankeri G G, has successfully completed an “International Training Workshop” on “Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) with special focus on Scientific Methodology, Development of Grant Application, Access to Scientific Literature and Service and Maintenance of Scientific Equipment”. The training workshop was jointly organised by BCAS, IFS and CapNet in Dhaka, Bangladesh during 23 –27 April 2006, in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- B.K.Wodeyar and G.G.Chandankeri, “Groundwater resource potential of Kumadvati River Lower Basin, Haveri district, Karnataka State. The paper was presented in the XI Convention of Indian Geological Congress, held between February 4-6, 1998 at the Department of Studies in Geology, University of Mysore, Manasagangotri, Mysore, Karnataka State, India.
- G.G.Chandankeri, “Application of Information and Communication technologies for natural resource management”. The workshop was organized by National Institute of Rural Development (NIRD), Hyderabad on 18th and 19th October, 2004.
- Ganapathi Chandankeri, “Greenhouse production of vegetables is a viable option and a nutritional support to primary school children in rural areas” in an International conference on Horticulture, organized by VEGINET, PNASF and UAS, Bangalore. The conference was held between 9-12 Nov, 2009 at Windsor Manor, Hotel, Bangalore, India.