Bachelor of Technology CST in DevOps is a four-year undergraduate programme that familiarises teachers to engage with the class as part of student-centric teaching. All students in the class are important to the faculty. Innovation is an integral part of teaching. Students gain hands-on experience through sessions in the lab that supplement programme-work.
The primary objective of this course is to learn principles of DevOps including culture, measurement, automation and sharing. New approach to the more traditional application and Lifecycle Management (ALM) Processes.
B. Tech in Computer Science (Cloud Computing and DevOps) programme covers the basic technologies involved in cloud computing like Architecture, deployment models, security in cloud. The emerging software development methodology i.e. DevOps as a set of practices, methodologies, and tools that emphasize the collaboration and communication of both software developers and other IT professionals while automating the process of software delivery and infrastructure changes.
The programme also provides inputs in the area of agile methodology, In-memory processing, application containerisation among other cutting-edge courses. It also includes several labs that provide hands-on capabilities on the various aspects of cloudand DevOps.
Why Development Operations?
- DevOps is the key driver for profits of IT Companies in future
- All the startup culture in India is dependent on profesionals who are called Full Stack Developer.
- Ease to deliver in any technology or cross platform development.
- Popular with many IT companies like IBM, Xebia, which recognize DevOps as one most powerful IT
- Practices in present scenario and for future.
- Writing reusable, testable and efficient code for programmes.
Designed in collaboration with Xebia with curriculum designed by PU Faculty along and Xebia IT Experts
(i) Domain Specific curriculum with Course-work prepared along with Xebia Experts.
(ii) The students learn the following additional skills pertaining to specialization
- DevOps Overview, Source Code Management
- Build and Release Management
- Development Automation
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- System Provisioning and Configuration Management
- System Virtualization, Test Automation
- DevOps and Big Data Integration , Agile Practices
- DevOps on Cloud , Exploration, Analytics and Visualization
Extensive and in depth work shops.
4. PROJECT WORK:
Provide Project work to students with IT Industry oriented Projects, with help of IT industry/
LEARNING as per INDUSTRY DEMAND:
(i) DevOps is the key driver for profits of IT Companies in future
(ii) All the startup culture in India is dependent on human resource who are called Full Stack Developer.
(iii Ease to deliver in any technology or cross platform development.
2. Tie-up with many IT companies like IBM, Xebia, which recognize DevOps as one most powerful IT Practices in present scenario and for future.
3. SME sessions
(i) To help student to keep them updated about new development in the DevOps community.
(ii) Regular SM provide support on books, study materials ,conduct hackathons, internships and finally placements
1. HIGHER STUDIES:
Can be useful for students going for higher studies in advanced computer science fields.
Will be beneficial to students who wants to open their own firm providing web and app based solution.
Skillset will help in choosing any career line as it involves specialised learning
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for B.Tech
Pre-University / Higher Secondary /10+2 examination Pass with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with either Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject
Obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to Reserved Category) in the above subjects taken together
Appeared for JEE (Main); JEE (Advanced); Karnataka CET; COMED-K; PUEET-2020 or any other State-level Engineering Entrance Examination.