B.Tech in Big Data is a 4- year undergraduate degree programme.
As a primary objective, the program aims to impart training to enrolled students about existing and evolving techniques and theories related to Big Data, which include statistics, data mining, data warehousing and data visualization.
This course is oriented towards Data Science and related aspects.
Big Data helps organization harness their data and use it to identify new opportunities. It leads to smarter business moves, more efficient operations, higher profits and more satisfied customers. Big Data Analytics examines large amounts of data to uncover hidden patterns, correlations and other insights.
The specialised programme on Big Data is aimed to provide insights into handling large amounts of data to uncover hidden patterns, correlations and other analytics. It provides exposure to leading edge technologies which make it possible to analyse data and get answers from it almost immediately.
This programme provides in depth knowledge in Big Data analysis, modelling, storage technology, In-memory processing, big data security and streaming processing.
The programme is aimed to develop data expertswho are likely to handle huge amounts of data for applied analysis of engineering, scientific and business problems.
What is Big Data?
- Big data analytics examines large amounts of data to uncover hidden patterns, correlations and other insights. With today’s technology, it’s possible to analyze your data and get answers from it almost immediately – an effort that’s slower and less efficient with more traditional business intelligence solutions.
- Big data analytics helps organizations harness their data and use it to identify new opportunities. That, in turn, leads to smarter business moves, more efficient operations, higher profits and happier customers.
- Business survival is becoming as much about customer retention as it is about growth, and if companies are going to survive they need to know as much as possible about their customers which could only by analyzing the customers data.
- Therefore there is ample opportunity for students.
Designed in collaboration with Xebia with curriculum designed by PU Faculty along and Xebia IT Experts
(i) Domain Specific curriculum with Course-work prepared along with Xebia Experts.
(ii) The students learn the following additional skills pertaining to specialization
Big Data Overview, Scalabale Storage
Distributed Ingestion , Distributed Analysis,
Functional Thinking, Distributed Processing
Data Exploration at Scale, Scalable Data Science
Big Data on Cloud, Big Data and DevOps Integration
Distributed Graph Processing, Big Data Security
Extensive and in depth work shops.
4. PROJECT WORK:
Provide Project work to students with IT Industry oriented Projects, with help of IT industry.
1.LEARNING as per INDUSTRY DEMAND:
DevOps is the key driver for profits of IT Companies in future
2. Tie-up with many IT companies like IBM,Xebia, which recognize Big Data Technologies as one most powerful IT Practices in present scenario and for future.
3. SME sessions
(i) To help student to keep them updated about new development in the DevOps community.
(ii) Regular SM provide support on books, study materials ,conduct hackathons, internships and finally placements
1. HIGHER STUDIES:
Can be useful for students going for higher studies in advanced computer science fields.
Will be beneficial to students who wants to open their own firm providing web and app based solution.
Skillset will help in choosing any career line as it involves specialised learning
3. HIGH DEMAND:
High end learning on the most advanced technologies like Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Cassandra, Pyhton.
Labs on cutting edge technologies pertaining to Data Ingestion, In memory Processing, Data Visualization and Functional Thinking
Huge demand of big data Professionals in market.
Data is the new Oil!
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for B.Tech
Pre-University / Higher Secondary /10+2 examination Pass with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with either Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject
Obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to Reserved Category) in the above subjects taken together
Appeared for JEE (Main); JEE (Advanced); Karnataka CET; COMED-K; PUEET-2020 or any other State-level Engineering Entrance Examination.