BBA Business Analytics is a specialised programme that is aimed to develop business analytics professionals for variety of industries. Business Analytics is a combination of Data Analytics and Business Intelligence. It is the science of analysing data to find out patterns that will be helpful in developing strategies.
This programme helps to attain the knowledge required to drive key business decisions. It will also help in developing the necessary skills to carry out analytical procedures and support an organisation by figuring out ways to improve and optimise existing business processes with ease.
It provides comprehensive knowledge about many topics such as advance statistics, application of business analytics, data mining, data visualisation etc.
Why Business Analytics?
- Provides a thorough grounding in areas of analytics, modeling, predictive analytics, and quantitative techniques.
- Observe and interpret data sets to uncover potential underlying interpretations.
- Apply business theories and concepts to practical problems and analyze business data for a variety of business applications
Trends in Business Analytics
- Analytics will play an important role in data security. Analytics are already transforming intrusion detection, differential privacy, digital watermarking and malware countermeasures.
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will continue to grow rapidly in 2019. Analytics tools and techniques for dealing with the massive amounts of structured and unstructured data generated by IoT will continue to gain importance.
- Companies will voice their need of routinely monetizing their own data for financial gain.
- Focus on Analytics- This will simplify the process of making sense out of huge data sets for making well thought through business decisions..
- Boost in demand for Data Scientists- a hunt for people who can balance quantitative analysis skills with an ability to tell the story of their data in compelling, visual ways.
- Companies would become over-critical and cautious about Data Accuracy.
Scope of Business Analytics
- Business analytics has a wide range of application and usages. It can be used for descriptive analysis in which data is utilized to understand past and present situation. This kind of descriptive analysis is used to assess current market position of the company and effectiveness of previous business decision.
- It is used for predictive analysis, which is typically used to project future business trends.
- Business analytics is also used for prescriptive analysis, which is utilized to formulate optimization techniques for stronger business performance.
- For example, business analytics is used to determine pricing of various products in a departmental store based past and present set of information.
1.DOMAIN SPECIFIC: This program provides super specialization within a BBA program in Analytics and Data Management aspects.
2.PROJECT WORK -:
- Students undergo multiple projects throughout the program with the different relevant industries
- Focus is on developing the concepts of business analytics
- Acquire the skills, technologies, practices to gain insight and drive business planning through analytics.
3.SKILLS: Developing the skills of students through:
- Personality Enhancement program; interweaving liberal arts courses for broadening their horizons.
- Guest lectures, workshops & seminars by the experts working with the marquee companies.
- Social emulsion; to understand grass root level applications.
- To enhance the practical knowledge & provide a real-world exposure.
- To visits to specialized companies in the industry
1.STRONG CONCEPTUAL KNOWLEDGE:
- Emphasis on understand, analyse and interpret the Big Data of organizations and businesses.
- Acquire knowledge to apply set of metrics to gain insights into business performance in order to gain valuable insight and carry out business planning (for the future).
- Gain Knowledge and tools of :
2. DEMAND: The students are highly sought after as they are ‘market ready’ in a newly emerging sector.
3. WORKSHOPS, SEMINARS & INTERNSHIP:
Helps students to develop soft skills and experientially blend the content into the curriculum.
4. INTERACTION: Well defined internships prior to final year provide real world experience.
1. High Corporate Exposure & Market Acceptance
2. Higher Studies: The students are accepted by foreign universities for higher studies
3. High Demand: Professionals who are expert in Business Analytics are sought after.
4. GOOD CAREER PROSPECTS-
Business analytics professionals may don the following roles –
- Business Analyst
- Business Strategist
- Data Analyst
- Data Visualiser
- Data Mining Specialist
- Data Warehousing Specialist
10+2 education completed in the Humanities, Commerce or Science from a recognized educational Board.
A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the 10+2 level.