Supply Chain Management focuses on efficiently managing systems of people, resources, information that deal with the movement of a product or service from supplier to customer. Logistics entails planning and organizing the whole movement process.
The aim is to optimise the supply chain in the most cost-effective way, helping companies to build a competitive edge.
BBA Program with specialization in Supply Chain & Logistics covers the basic domains of Supply Chain Management including, Inventory Control, Supplier Development, Customer Service, Logistics, and Distribution.
The Program also provides sound understanding of Logistics issues (Procurement, Warehousing, Packaging, Transportation), and to solve them by applying the tools and techniques used in logistics management to real-world situations.
Why Supply Chain and Logistics?
- The importance of logistics and supply chain management has grown significantly.
- In any industry goods need to be procured, stored and dispatched. Efficient and effective management of all these business functions is critical in the current business world.
- Someone equipped with comprehensive and integrated knowledge of logistics is a strong candidate in the job market
- In the retail sector and E-commerce sector, perfect order deliveries, customer responsiveness and cost efficiency are key competitive priorities
- Delivering products and services at the right time and place, right cost, and at the right quantity and quality is at the heart of logistics and supply chain management
BBA E-Commerce and Supply Chain Management is a specialised programme that is aimed to develop professionals for logistics, supply chain, e-commerce industry which is fast emerging and dynamic area of employment.This programme develops skills in areas of; meeting customer demands through planning, controlling, and implementation of the effective movement and storage of related information, goods and services from origin to destination. It focuses on efficiently managing systems of people, resources, information that deal with the movement of a product or service from supplier to customer.
This programme covers many topics such as Supply Chain Modelling, Fundamentals of E-Commerce, Supply Chain Risk Management, Legal aspects of E-Commerce, Accounting in logistics and supply chain, Project Management etc.
1.DOMAIN SPECIFIC: This program provides super specialization within a BBA program to a leading new technology area that caters the entire services and industrial sector
2.PROJECT WORK :
- Students undergo multiple projects throughout the program with the different relevant industries.
- Focus is on developing the concept of supply and value chain in various industries.
- To understand the concepts of e-commerce technologies and emerging business models.
Developing the skills of students through:
- Personality Enhancement program; interweaving liberal arts courses for broadening their horizons.
- Guest lectures, workshops & seminars by the experts working with the marquee companies.
- Social emulsion; to understand grass root level applications.
- To enhance the practical knowledge & provide a real-world exposure.
- To visits to specialized companies in the industry
STRONG CONCEPTUAL KNOWLEDGE:
- Applying business knowledge in an online environment.
- Strategic models appreciation of online business activities.
- Online Operations Management
- E-commerce Marketing Strategy development
- Entrepreneurship development in E- business.
The students are highly sought after as they are ‘market ready’ in the booming area of economy.
3. WORKSHOPS, SEMINARS & INTERNSHIP:
Helps students to develop soft skills and experientially blend the content into the curriculum.
4. INTERACTION: Well defined internships prior to final year provide real world experience.
1.High Corporate Exposure & Market Acceptance
2.Higher Studies: The students are accepted by foreign universities for higher studies
3.High Demand: Professionals who are expert in E-Commerce & Supply Chain Management are sought after.
4.GOOD CAREER PROSPECTS:
- Content marketing
- Supply chain Modelling
- Warehouse Management
- Consumer Analytics
- Fleet Management
5. PROFESSIONALS RECRUITED AS:
Operation Manager, Supply Chain Executives, E-commerce Platform Executive, Warehouse Executives, Fleet Manager, Data Analysts
10+2 education completed in the Humanities, Commerce or Science from a recognized educational Board.
A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the 10+2 level.
BBA in E-Commerce & Supply Chain Management
|SEMESTER I||SEMESTER II|
|Business Economics||3||Essential English Literature||3|
|Business Mathematics||3||Financial Accounting||3|
|Business & Corporate Law||3||Application of Spreadsheets in Business||2|
|Urban Sociology||2||Introduction to Marketing||3|
|Introduction to Psychology||2||Impact of Media on Society – A History||2|
|Environment Studies||2||Business Statistics||3|
|Writing Business English||3||Strategy Management||3|
|Building Self Confidence||3||Social Immersion Experience (SIE)||2|
|Internet and Related Technologies||1|
|SEMESTER III||SEMESTER IV|
|International Business||3||Negotiating Skills||3|
|Organizational Behaviour||3||Social Problems and Public Policy||2|
|Placement Related Communication||2||Disruptive Technologies||2|
|Financial Management||3||Operations Management||3|
|Introduction to Marketing||3||Project Management||3|
|Human Resource Management||3||Fundamentals of E-Commerce and Supply Chain Management||3|
|Introduction to Supply Chain Management||3||Supply Chain Modelling and Design||3|
|SEMESTER V||SEMESTER VI|
|Research Methodology & Report Writing||4||Appreciating Art Fundamentals||2|
|Ethics & Corporate Governance||2||Seminal Events in Global History||2|
|Leadership in a Dynamic Business Environment||2||Accounting in Logistics and Supply Management||3|
|Web Design and Development||3||Quality Management||3|
|Social and Web Analytics||3||Major Project/Dissertation||8|
|Supply Chain Risk Management||3|
|Legal Aspects of E Commerce||3|
|Being Corporate Ready||1|
*The above program structure is indicative in nature. The academic council of Presidency University reserves the rights to change, modify, or alter the curriculum structure and courses as per contemporary demand of the industry.