Presidency University sponsors a Digital Library cum Competitive Examinations Study Center at Rajanakunte Gram Panchayath
January 14, 2020 | News & Events
A state of the art Digital Library cum Competitive Examinations Study Center was inaugurated by Sri S. Suresh Kumar, Hon’ble Minister for Primary & Secondary Education, Government of Karnataka at the Rajanakunte Gram Panchayath on Friday, 10th January 2020. The Center has been sponsored and set up under the professional supervision of Presidency University. Dignitaries present on the occasion were : Sri S. R. Vishwanath, Hon’ble MLA, Smt. SujathaSrinivas Reddy, President, Rajanakunte Gram Panchayath, several officials of Gram Panchayat, TalukPanchayat and ZillaPanchayat, Education Department, media persons and others. The initiative of the university was appreciated by all dignitaries and guests alike present on the occasion.
Also present on the occasion of inauguration were : Vice Chancellor, Prof. RadhaPadmanabhan, Pro Vice Chancellor, Dr. IshwaraBhat, Senior Librarian, Dr. K. N. Sheshadri, Registrar, Sri Abdul Bari, several faculty members and officials of the university.
Objectives of the Study Center are :
- Provide study materials for various competitive examinations, primarily those conducted by the Government departments of Karnataka and Government of India; but not restricted to these;
- Organize events such as lectures, talks, etc in order to motivate and provide guidance to the youth in preparing for various competitive examinations;
- Conduct training programs to improve skills of the youth for making them job ready;
- Support all education and skill development activities of the Gram Panchayath
The Study Center has 15 new internet enabled computers besides facilities for IT training. The Center subscribes to 10 daily newspapers and 25 magazines both in Kannada and English. Printed reference materials contain books and magazines covering subjects such as :
- Various competitive examinations, for jobs in Central government, State governments, PSUs, Banks, Defence Services,
- Books relating to Central Civil Services, State Civil Services, Central Secretarial Services, etc.
- Books which will be of use to admissions such as IITs, BITS, IIMs, etc
- Books on personality improvement, such as Confidence Building, Communication skills, etc
- Books on career guidance
- Material on how to prepare for various examinations and how to face interviews
- Old question papers.
Study materials are available both in English and Kannada.
Useful e-resources are identified and User Guides are prepared so that users can use the best of e-resources for various competitive and entrance examinations.
The Study Centerwill work from 10 am to 6 pm when the Panchayat office functions
The Study Center has adequate CCTVs for monitoring.
The University will organize periodical training programs on IT skills for training everyone on regular basis. There are projectors and screens which can be used for training purposes
The University will work closely with Panchayat office and organize talks, workshops, career guidance programs, etc.
The Center has a website which is hosted on Presidency University server for the time being and the address is :panchayatlibrary.presidencyuniversity.in. The website can be accessed through mobile devices and QR codes.
The list of new books and magazines are updated on the website. As and when new books are added, it will be updated on the website.