|Ms. Sofia Khatun.
Designation – Assistant Professor
Qualification – Ph. D. (Pursuing)
Ms. Sofia Khatun.
Sofia Khatun is the Assistant Professor of Law at School of Law, Presidency University. She is the part time Ph. D. Research Scholar in the area of Women and Law at CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Central Campus, Bangalore.
She has completed B.A.LL.B. in the year 2016 from University of Calcutta and did her Masters in Law (LL.M.) specializing in Business Law in the year 2017 from Amity Law School, Amity University Kolkata.
She has also worked for a short period of time as a Legal Advisor in a leading NBFC at Kolkata. She has joined for her first teaching assignment at Kolkata, back in September 2019.
Ms. Sofia got her papers published in Web of Science, UGC Care Listed Journal and more than 7 papers in International and National forums. She has also published Blogs. She has presented her research paper in both International and National Seminar.
Company Law, Gender and Criminal Justice, Contract, Human Rights.
National - 6
International – 4
National - 1
International – 1
Participation in Seminars/Symposia:
- Legal Awareness Programme organised by the Department of Sociology & Social work in association with National Commission for Women, New Delhi, held at CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Bangalore on February 14, 2020.
- Webinar on Emotional Intelligence & its importance in life a course organised by CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Lavasa conducted on April 14, 2020.
- Webinar on “Law and Correctional Administration in India amidst COVID 19”, organised by ICFAI Law School, The ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE), Hyderabad, held on June 15, 2020.
- Webinar on “Disaster Preparedness and Liquid Savings” conducted by Christ Academy Institute of Law on June 17, 2020.
- One Day National Level Webinar On Emerging Issues in Social Science Research Organised by Government College for Women, Mandya – 571401, Held On June 19, 2020.
- Webinar on “Changing Dynamics of Technology Transfer in IP - Pre and Post Pandemic Scenario” Organized by ICFAI Law School, The ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE), Hyderabad held on June 20, 2020.
- Psychology Webinar “Deciphering Schizophrenia” Organised by the Department of Humanities, St. Claret College Bangalore on June 26, 2020.
- National Webinar Series on “Covid-19 Lockdown and the Vulnerable Population” Jointly Organised by The Post Graduate Department of Social Work, And Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) Of Government First Grade College, KR Nagar, Mysuru District of Karnataka held between July 1-4, 2020.
- International Psychology Webinar on “The Role of Brain in Psychological Trauma”, Organised by St. Claret College, Bangalore held on July 03, 2020.
- One-day National Webinar on Intellectual Property Rights: Relevance and Protection Issues & Challenges organised by Government Centre of Legal Education & IQAC, Hooghly Mohsin College, Chinsurah, Hooghly-712101, held on July 06, 2020.
- National Webinar on “Finding Purpose and Meaning of Life: Living for what Matters Most” organised by K.L.E. Society’s Law College, Chikodi held on July 09, 2020.
- Five days Faculty Development Programme on “Research and Development in Legal Pedagogy in Post Pandemic India” organised by Amity Law School, Amity University Kolkata, held on 6th July to 10th July, 2020.
- One-day National Webinar on Content Analysis as a Tool of Socio Legal Research, organised by Department of Law, The University of Burdwan Golapbag, Burdwan 713104, West Bengal, India on July 10, 2020.
- International Virtual Workshop on Protection of Human Rights during Pandemic Organised by University Law College & Dept. Of Studies in Law, Bangalore University, held on July 10-11, 2020.
- National Webinar On Psychological Approaches to Manage A Disturbed Mind: To be or Not to be”, organised by Department of Psychology, Jyoti Nivas College Autonomous, Bangalore held on July 11, 2020.
- One Week Online Faculty Development Programme On “Innovative Teaching Learning Methods & Research in Law: Challenges Ahead” Organised by School of Law, Sharda University from July 13–18, 2020.
- International Virtual Workshop on “Environmental Sustainability and Human Resilience during Covid-19, Organised by University Law College & Dept. Of Studies in Law, Bangalore University, Held On July 21, 2020.
- International Virtual Workshop On “Challenges Confronting Legal Education During Covid-19”, Organised by University Law College & Dept. Of Studies in Law, Bangalore University, Held On July 25, 2020.
- Certificate on Completion on How to publish with Oxford Journals organised by Oxford University Press held on July 27, 2020.
- 1st Virtual International Summer School 2020 organised by INLR, The Law Learners held from July 24-29, 2020.
- National Webinar on Free Speech v. Contempt of Court: A Constitutional Dialogue organised by Lawlex.org. On August 02, 2020.
- International Virtual Workshop on Rights of Person with Disability during Covid-19 organised by University Law College & Dept. of Studies in Law on August 05, 2020.
- One-day National Level Seminar (online) on Daughter’s Right in Coparcenary Property and Recent Supreme Court Judgement organised by R.L. Law College, Davanagere held on September 06, 2020.
- One-day National Webinar Inaugural and Valedictory Session on “Role of Intellectual Property Rights in Economic Growth: Prospects and Challenges", organized by School of Law, Sharda University on Saturday, 3rd October 2020.