Call for Papers:Management Education in India: Present Challenges and Future Prospects
April 13, 2016 | Blog, Uncategorized
School of Management, Presidency University
invites papers for an International Conference on Management Education
- Value Creation in Management Education.
- Curriculum Development: Responding to Industry and Student Expectations.
- Best Practices in providing better Learning Experiences.
- Ensuring TQM in Management Education.
- Innovation in Management Education.
- Faculty Development: Foster Talent to Develop Talent
- Developing Employable workforce: Matching the Industry Expectations
- Strengthening Industry Academia Partnerships
- Role of different stakeholder’s viz. Students, Faculty, Alumni, Industry Practitioners, Researchers, Policy Makers and Institutional Promoters.
Conference Date: October 7th & 8th, 2016.
Objective of the Conference:
Management is more than a buzzword in today’s context. With proper professional management any country, organization and entrepreneurial ventures can be run successfully. Management education has drawn the attention of the industry as well as the entrepreneurs. This has provided a platform on higher education for the students as well the faculty members. Management Education is the most sought after prestigious post graduate course with rewarding career opportunities.
While the number of B-Schools in India has increased since its formal establishment, the quality of education has not improved concurrently. The challenges and issues faced by B-Schools in India are not different from global B-Schools. These challenges need to be understood and tackled at a faster pace than other countries, as India is poised to become the world’s youngest country by 2020, with an average age of 29 years, and account for around 28% of the world’s workforce. (UN Habitat, 2013).
The main objective of the conference is to provide a platform where Policy makers, Institutional Promoters, Academicians, Students and Industry can share and discuss the contemporary issues and challenges faced by Management Education in India.
Conference Registration Fee: No Registration Fee.
- All the selected papers will be published in an edited ISBN Book.
- Best Papers will be published in the Presidency University Journal of Business and Law.
- Dr. Radha Padmanabhan, Dean, SoM
- Dr. G R. Narayanan, Sr. Professor, SoM
- K. Balanagarajan, Assistant Professor, SoM
- Ms. Vrinda Nair, Assistant Professor, SoM.
Conference Coordinator: Dr. K. Balanagarajan, Assistant Professor, SoM
Student Coordinators: Mr. Sumit Kumar, Ms. Roshna Ramakrishnan