First 3-Day Bootcamp on Innovation and Entrepreneurship was organized by Centre of Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship (CIIE) in collaboration with Shared Services Forum, Cunomial and BuyOpenly.Com on January 29-31, 2020.
The four Key Takeaways of the Bootcamp were:
1. Providing mentoring services for the aspiring entrepreneurs to fine-tune entrepreneurial ‘Ideas’;
2. Hands-on Training to transform the “Ideas” into viable ‘Business Plans’;
3. Learning to Pitch Business Plan inform of Juries and competing for funds with other teams; and
4. Finally learning the ‘Art and Science’ of getting selected for the Cash Prizes of the “Business Plan Competition”.
The Program was organized under the leadership of Prof. Swapan Majumdar, Professor of Management.
This event was the first initiative of School of Management to inculcate the culture of fostering ‘Innovation and Entrepreneurship’ by doing and providing hands-on training in Industry 4.0 Entrepreneurship and discovering young entrepreneurial Talents.
Day 1: Illustrate the critical success factors of Industry 4.0 entrepreneurship – the phases and Lifecycle of Entrepreneurship, Ethos and Pathos of Design Thinking, the techniques of Business Model Generation and Market Size Calculation.
Day 2: Focusses on team formation, Idea Generation, Pivoting and ‘Hands-on’ Training in Business Plan Preparation and Presentation (Art of Pitching).
Day 3: Teams participate in Business Plan Competition and receive Experts’ feedback. Competition provides an exciting, challenging, and rewarding learning experience.
90+ aspiring entrepreneurs, comprising of 24 Teams, participated in the 1st round of business plan competition. Out of 24 teams only 6 (six) teams were short listed by six judges to present their ‘Business Plan’ in front of the grand Juries comprises of Five (5) eminent industry experts as listed below:
1. Mr. Anirban Roy, Sr. Vice President, RvaluE Group
2. Mr. Kishor Jagirdar, CMD, Infopace Management Pvt. Ltd.
3. Mr. Nikhil Mantha, Chief Operating Officer (COO), Piggy.co.in, Bangalore
4. Mr. Girish Batra, Founder and CEO Glocal Projects, Bangalore
5. Ms Sonali Jha, Founder, Director Cunomial Technologies Ltd, Bangalore
Listening to the presentations of all six teams and their subsequent question and answers sessions, the scores of each team was tabulated and ranked. The top three high scoring teams whose ‘Business Plans’ were considered superior than the rests were declared as winners. The three teams that received Cash Awards are as follows:
• Team 4 – School of Management – ‘Holy Cow’ was the recipient of Shared Services Forum’s Best Team Cash Award of ₹ 30,000 (Rupees Thirty Thousand Only)
• Team 2 – Team 2 – Electrical and Electronic Engineering – ‘Darwin Automotive’ was the recipient Presidency University’s 1st Runner-up Cash Award of ₹ 20,000 (Rupees Twenty Thousand Only)
• Team 5 – Computer Science and Civil Engineering – ‘Earnegy’ was the recipient of Presidency University’s 2nd Runner-up Cash Award of ₹ 10,000 (Rupees Ten Thousand)
1st Prizes was handed over to the ‘Holy Cow’ team by Mr. Anirban Roy, VP, RvaluE Group, and Radha Padmanabhan, VC, Presidency University (Picture Enclosed).
2nd Prizes was handed over to the ‘Darwin Automotive’ team by Dr. Uday Ravi, HOD, Mechanical Engineering, Presidency University (Picture Enclosed).
3rd Prizes was handed over to the ‘Earnegy’ team by Dr. Swapan K. Majumdar, Chief Architect and Organizer of the Bootcamp, Presidency University (Picture Enclosed).
In the closing ceremony, Guest of Honour, Mr. Anirban Roy delivered his concluding message and shared his thoughts to the aspiring entrepreneurs and enlightened the organizers to keep up spirits and momentum of entrepreneurship.
All the Judges and winning teams expressed their experience and learnings of the 1st Bootcamp initiatives of School of Management. Vice Chancellor, Prof. Radha Padmanabhan, expressed her best wishes and wisdom to all the winners and participants of the Bootcamp.
The key outcome of the1st Bootcamp of School of Management was discovery of three high potential start-up Teams.
Prof. Ravi Srinivasan, Associate Professor, Sellinger School of Business, Loyala University, Maryland, US was the Chief Guest for the inauguration which was held on 29th January 2020. Co-Organizer of the Program and General Manager, Shared Services Forum, Delhi, Ms Pallavi Jayaswal was also present on the occasion.