WHAT ACCREDITATION DO THE COURSES OFFERED BY THE PRESIDENCY University?
Presidency University, Karnataka is a private University established in Karnataka, under the Karnataka Act No 41 of 2013 (henceforth, to be known as Presidency University Act). The Government of Karnataka notified the Presidency University Act, 2013 to establish Presidency University in Karnataka State vide Gazette Notification dated 16th May, 2013
WHO AWARDS THE DEGREE AFTER COMPLETION OF THE COURSE FROM PRESIDENCY University?
The degree is awarded by Presidency University after the completion of course.
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ENROLLING FOR A COURSE?
Each course has different eligibility criteria. You can find out your eligibility on the admissions page for each program
I MISSED THE LAST DATE FOR SENDING IN MY APPLICATION. CAN I STILL APPLY?
You can check the last date to fill in the application form on the admissions page. If you still fail to follow the timeline of the last date, in filling up the application form, we would be Sorry to inform we would not entertain any further applications after the date is over.
HOW IMPORTANT IS THE SCORE IN MY QUALIFYING EXAMINATION TO ENROLL FOR A COURSE?
At Presidency University we admit students on the basis of merit. Admissions to some courses are based on all-India entrance test scores; for others, we consider the score in the qualifying Personal interview round. You can find out the requirement for a course on the admissions page for each program (Add Link).
CAN I APPLY FOR ADMISSION BEFORE I HAVE THE RESULT FOR MY QUALIFYING EXAMINATION?
Yes, you can begin your application process before you get your final result.
For courses where admissions are based on your scores, you need to submit your scores for the qualifying examination on or before the respective last date.
For other courses, you need to submit only the proof of passing your qualifying examination at the time of counseling/ admission.
CAN I GET ADMISSION IF I DON’T HAVE ANY ENTRANCE TEST?
That depends on the admission criteria for the course you have opted for. We require all candidates to fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements as listed on our eligibility criteria section.
CAN I APPLY TO MORE THAN ONE COURSE? CAN I DO IT IN A SINGLE APPLICATION?
If the courses you have opted for fall in the same group, then by all means, go ahead and state your choices in one single application form.
However, if you opt for courses in different program under separate school of discipline, then you need to fill out separate applications.
HOW AND WHEN ARE THE RESULTS OF THE ENTRANCE TEST ANNOUNCED?
We send you a mail within 24 hours of time, and also any of the admissions team members would get in touch with you. You can also call the admission office at +91-92431-17175 or mail us @ [email protected]
WHEN DO I NEED TO PAY ADMISSION / TUITION FEE?
The first year fees are paid on the announcement of the date by the admissions department. Subsequent the registration fee will be mentioned on the provisional letter,what u receive via mail from the admission department once you are conformed with your provisional admissions. Itis also notified on the website.
IS THERE A CAPITATION FEE?
No, there is no capitation fee. You need to pay only the fees mentioned on the website.
DO YOU HAVE ANY MANAGEMENT / RESERVATION/ DONATION QUOTA?
We do not have any management quota / reserved / donation seats or payment seats of any kind whatsoever. Your admission is strictly based on merit.
CAN I AVAIL OF ANY SCHOLARSHIPS FOR MY STUDY?
Yes you can. Visit this website for further details.
CAN I GET STUDY LOAN ASSISTANCE?
We have no provision for a loan for study. But you can avail loans from banks.
IF I CHOOSE TO WITHDRAW MY APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION, WILL I GET A TOTAL REFUND?
Refund of fee is as per our refund Policy.
PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT THE PERSONAL INTERVIEW TEST: IN PERSON / ONLINE SKYPE INTERVIEW AND WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR THIS?
It is a simple enough test, and all you need not to know or refer any book or website, all about yourself and the updated news in and around the world.
WILL I GET HOSTEL ACCOMMODATION AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION?
Presidency University has a hall of residential and all students who opt for hostel accommodated based on the availability of the hostel.
WHAT EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES CAN I PURSUE?
We have sports facilities and literary club, cultural club Editorial club, and many other activities you can take part in.
DO I HAVE TO SUBMIT THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENT TO THE University AND WHEN CAN I GET THAT BACK?
Your original documents will be retained by the University until the completion of your course. We will however give you an acknowledgement for your original documents.
DO MY PARENTS NEED TO ACCOMPANY ME WHEN I COME FOR COUNSELING?
No, it is not mandatory for your parents to be come along with you.
ARE THE HOSTEL CHARGES INCLUDED IN THE TUITION FEE?
No, the hostel fee is mentioned separately
IS THE MESS FEE INCLUDED IN THE HOSTEL FEES?
Yes, the mess charges are included in the hostel fee.
IF IN FIRST-YEAR? IS IT COMPULSORY FOR ME TO AVAIL OF THE HOSTEL ACCOMMODATION?
We think it is a good idea for first year students to stay in the student hostels – it helps them bond together, and that in turn, improves their experience of the Presidency University Campus life. But the student can take a call based on your comfortably.
MY COUNSELING AT PRESIDENCY University COINCIDES WITH COUNSELING AT ANOTHER COLLEGE. WHERE SHOULD I GIVE MY ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS?
We understand that you might apply for admission simultaneously to more than one college.
If you are required to appear for counselling at another college at the same time as at Presidency ,bring a photocopy of your academic credentials’ like mark sheets etc. as a proof of your academic eligibility
I HAVE SUBMITTED MY ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS AT THE TIME OF COUNSELLING AT THE OTHER COLLEGE. WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
ou should give us an acknowledgement for the deposition of original documents at other institution.
WHAT IS THE FLAGSHIP PROGRAM OF PRESIDENCY University?
Master’s in Business Administration [MBA] and Bachelor of Technology
ARE YOU ALL COLLABORATED WITH FOREIGN University?
We are under the discussion with Indian and International puersities identified in this direction
WHAT ARE THE FOCUS AREAS OF THE COLLEGE?
- Equipping the students with a strong knowledge base through most effective teaching-learning practise
- Ensuring student-centric soft-skill and technical skill programs that will make them industry-ready
- Curriculum-integrated Industrial Practice which is an hands-on exposure for students in reputed organisations
- Continuous Internal Assessment Process by which students are continuously evaluated in ensuring the attainment of the envisaged learning outcomes
- Ensuring a holistic approach to management teaching-learning
WHAT IS THE KEY FEATURES PROGRAM FOR MBA?
- Two-year Program offering Specialisation in employment-oriented Courses
- Well diversified yet, very contemporary curriculum coupled with strong teaching-learning practices
- A two month monitored Industrial Practice before the commencement of the Second Year of Program reinforced with a four-month Industrial Practice in the final semester. [Students will have an opportunity to experience hands on working at reputed organisations]
- Academic Rigour is supported by student-centric co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, all managed by students.
- Encouraging students towards writing and presentation of research papers
WHAT IS THE KEY FEATURES PROGRAM FOR B. TECH?
- The first year builds strong foundation with basic courses in humanities, sciences, mathematics and engineering sciences.
- The core courses specific to the discipline are offered from the second year onwards.
- Electives are offered from the THIRD year onwards helping the students to choose the courses of their choice. Industrial Practice I is a credited course of EIGHT weeks’ duration offered during the summer term of second year, wherein students work in an industry under the supervision of faculty members. Similarly, IP II is a credited course of FIVE and a half months’ duration offered during the FOURTH year.
- Students also have an option to do thesis or electives and project in place of IP II.
- Carefully chosen electives in the THIRD year helps the students perform better in IP II.
WHAT IS THE KEY FEATURES PROGRAM FOR LAW PROGRAM?
- Honour program with 6 honour subject from 14 options with possibility of choosing contemporary law subjects and emerging law areas of new legislations like bankruptcy law, Financial inclusion law and Debt recovery
- Our students can not only take up legal provision in the traditional manner of working in course and as an alternative work for legal firms.
- This course combines theoretical law with two program of legal practice, which is working in a legal firm spread over 25 weeks.
- Students are also given stimulatory cases for practice as a part of the course in Moot Court practice
- The students have also exposed to current topics in the seminar series where eminent practitioners will discuss on emerging law. Eg Competition law is a new law and traditional law courses did not include these courses.
WHAT ARE THE NEW DEVELOPMENTS HAPPENING IN THE INSTITUTION?
Adoption of a dynamic curriculum which is modified immediately in response to the changing requirements of the Industry
Adoption of POGIL (Process Oriented guided Inquiry Learning)
Evaluation methodologies that are case driven exercises that derive solutions form the application of clear concepts
Research paper based assessments that are useful in understanding the subject on a ‘field to classroom’ approach
AREA OF THE CAMPUS – THE TOTAL LAND AREA, THE INFRASTRUCTURE THAT IS IN PLACE AND HOW THIS IS BEING UPGRADED.
The campus is spread over 64 acres and is located close to the Bangalore International Airport. The campus is being developed in phases and current development is across a total of 25 acres. The School Of Management is spread over 161000 sqft of constructed area comprising of the academic block, library complex, computer centre, Faculty block and admin wing. In addition to this, common facilities such as the 600 seat- seminar block, 2000 seat- multipurpose hall and the Lecture Theatre Complex are in the completion stage.
WILL I GET A JOB ONCE I COMPLETE MY COURSE?
Presidency University has an excellent placement cell and a large number of our students get placed in good companies. Presidency College, Hebbal is a 16 year old Institute a part of same group and has place good number of students in 2015. But as a University we started the program in 2015, onwards and have still not had any history of placement in placing any students as if now, but we do have a unique program as MIP in all the courses offered at PU where students are placed for 4 months of Monitored internship program at the end of the last semester which is a gateway to the industry as most of the students will get placed in the same company they are as internees .the student will get placed before they have written their final semester examinations.