Dr. Nissar Ahmed
Chancellor – Presidency University, Chairman – Presidency Group of InstitutionsRead More
Dr. Nissar Ahmed
Chancellor – Presidency University
Chairman – Presidency Group of Institutions
Dr. Vijayan Immanuel
Pro ChancellorRead More
- Vice Chancellor at MIT Art, Design and Technology University, Pune
- Pro Vice Chancellor at IMS Unison University, Dehradun
- Vice President, JDA Software
- Vice President, HCL Technologies Ltd
- Professor & Head, Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, NITK Surathkal
Prof. Vijayan describes himself as a “Catalytic Learner and Leader”, always seeking to learn and understand, to apply the new learning and insights in simple, effective ways to benefit the organization and stakeholders.
A rather unique feature of his career and learning journey of over three decades, is that he has grassroots experience in diverse contexts and held senior leadership responsibilities in both, academic and corporate domains.
An alumnus of the Karnataka Regional Engineering College, Surathkal (now National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK), Surathkal), and, the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Prof. Vijayan had a fairly long stint of over two decades at NITK, Surathkal, where he served as Professor and Head of the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Apart from growing as a teacher, researcher, academician and administrator at NITK, Surathkal, he had the opportunity to make significant national level contributions as a member of the National Network Program on Curriculum Development, NASSCOM Committee on IT Finishing Schools, Co-Chairman, AIEEE Regional Center for All-India Admissions, in the introductory year 2002-‘03, and as Regional Chairman in 2003-’04. He also coordinated four MHRD funded large research projects and two Industry sponsored research projects. He has authored over 50 research publications.
Dr. Vijayan held senior leadership roles in the IT and Consulting industry for about a decade. He was Vice President at HCL Technologies and a highlight during that tenure was that he won the Silver Award at the Chief Learning Officers’ Symposium USA for the HCL – Harvard Emerging Leaders Program, a joint program between HCL Technologies and Harvard Business School. He also served a 2-year term as a Board Member on the Partners’ Advisory Council of Harvard Business Publishing.
After HCL, he took the responsibility as Vice President and Global Head, Corporate University at JDA Software. He set up the Corporate University and significant contributions included the creation of research and instructional design teams, and, state-of-the-art virtual training platforms for product developers, consulting professionals and customers in the Supply Chain ERP domain.
He returned to Academic Leadership when he joined IMS Unison University, Dehradun as Pro Vice Chancellor and later became the first Vice Chancellor of MIT Art, Design and Technology University, Pune.
His primary focus at Presidency University is to build “People” (staff and students), establish robust “Processes” and nurture a “Performance” culture to collaboratively propel the University to reach greater heights in learning, research, innovation and social outreach.
Dr. Radha Padmanabhan
Radha Padmanabhan is a Ph.D. in Industrial Management from IIT , Chennai. Her area of research is Total Quality Management. She has an experience of more than 28 years in academics and academic administration. She was the founder Principal of Presidency College, Bengaluru, a unit of the Presidency Group of Institutions. She has held senior faculty and administrative level positions as the Director of MBA & MCA in reputed Institutions.
Her areas of academic Interest is Finance, particularly Stock Market studies, Security Analysis,& Portfolio Management, Legal Systems and Quantitative techniques. A person with a strong passion for research, she has guided research scholars in M.S. & Ph.D programs and has also sat on Viva Committees for Ph.D programs in IIT, Chennai. She has conducted FDPs, Refresher Courses and corporate training programs. She has also presented and published papers.
Dr M. Ishwara Bhat
Pro Vice-ChancellorRead More
Dr. Ishwara Bhat has a PhD in Library and Information Science from Karnatak University, Dharwad. A Gold Medalist from Bangalore University, Dr Bhat has work experience of over 40 years as :
Chief Librarian, Presidency University, Bangalore
University Librarian and Unit Chief, Publications and Media Relations, BITS Pilani
Regional Manager (Libraries) Northern India, British Council, Delhi
Manager, The British Library, Hyderabad
Chief Librarian, NIMHANS, Bangalore
Dr Bhat taught courses in Communication Skills, Negotiation Skills, Knowledge Management, Digital Libraries and Library and Information Science.
Dr Bhat was Editor of the BITS Pilani journal, ‘CURIE’ during 2011-2014 as it contained technical articles in Science, Engineering and Management. Dr Bhat was responsible for bringing out all publications in BITS including CURIE, Annual Report, [email protected] and BITScan. Besides, at BITS, Dr Bhat was also the media interface at BITS and was responsible for liaising with the press and media during 2009-2014.
Dr Bhat served as Member in several National Committees including Steering Committee for Indian National Digital Library for Engineering Science and Technology (INDEST). He served as Expert for selection of senior LIS Professionals in several universities.
Dr Bhat served as resource person for many conferences and refresher courses in the area of Library and Information Sciences including NACLIN 2010, 2013 and 2015. He wrote content for several LIS course material including A P Open University, IGNOU, VMOU, Kota and UGC Inflibnet.
Dr Bhat has edited 3 books and authored 25 research papers. Besides guiding 4 students for MPhil dissertations and 3 students for MLISc dissertations, he was PhD examiner for 4 candidates.
Mr. Mrinmoy Biswas
Ph. D. In Marketing Management from Corllins University, USA, MBA (Finance & Marketing) from Bangalore University and B. Tech. From Calcutta University
18 years of work experience in the corporate world and 9 years of experience in the academic field. In the corporate world he has served in corporate & global leaders such as Aditya Birla Group, S. P. Mistry Group etc. In the academic world he had served as Director – Training & Placement, National Head – Corporate Relations & Training, Executive Director and in similar senior positions in some of the most reputed educational groups. He has travelled extensively across the world.
Email: [email protected]
Dr. Prabhakar Reddy
Dean & Professor, School of EngineeringRead More
Prof Dr C Prabhakar Reddy did his Bachelor of Engineering (B.Tech:1973-78) in Mechanical and Master of Engineering (M.Tech:1978-80) in Thermal Power from J N T U, Hyderabad and Ph D (1995) in I C Engines from N I T (formerly R E C) Warangal. He has started his carrier as Lecturer in S.I.T Tumkur and served from 1980 to 1981 and later moved to K.S.R.M. College of Engineering, Cuddapah and served there between 1981 and 1984. He had a long stint at Sir Rao Bahadur Y Mahabaleshwarappa College of Engineering (formerly V E C) as Assistant Professor (1984 – 1996) and Professor and Head of Mechanical Engineering (1996-2000). Prof Reddy served for a short while as Principal (2000 – 01) at B C E T, Pondicherry. From 2001 to 2016 he has served as founder Principal at Sri Venkateshwara College of Engineering, Bangalore. Under his leadership SVCE is certified with I S O certification by B V Q I twice and N B A accreditation in November 2015.
He has many publications to his credit: 14 – Journal publications, 35 – National conferences, 19 – International conferences, 08 – National Seminars, 08 – Invited Lectures. He has 66 Publications to his credit. He has guided 04 Ph D scholars for the award of Ph D degrees and two more are awaited for their Ph Ds. He has filed two patents. He was awarded the prestigious “Sir Rajendranath Mukherjee Award” for the best technical paper at all India level by Institution of Engineers.
He is a member of many professional bodies such as Fellow of Institution of Engineers, Indian Society for Technical Education, Indian Society for Mechanical Engineers, Combustion Institute India, Society of Automotive Engineers etc.
Apart from serving in various positions as Board of Studies Chairman, Board of Examiner Chairman he has also served VTU in various capacities such as Member LIC, Chairman LIC and Academic Senate Member (2004–07). He was awarded best teacher twice in his previous institutions.
He was responsible for getting sanctioned couple of projects under KSCST and MODROBS for more than 40 lakhs and completed them successfully. He has guided many Under Graduate and Post Graduate projects out of which more than one dozen were converted into experimental rigs today in various laboratories.
He has conducted and organized many state level activities in his carrier apart from establishing high end research laboratories. His areas of interest include Alternate Sources of Energy, LHR Engines, Problems on Optimization Techniques and Heat Transfer.
Dr. Sapna S
Dean & Professor , School of LawRead More
Dr. Sapna Mohan is the Professor and Dean, School of Law. Prior to joining the Presidency University she was the Principal of Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies, Bengaluru. She has a teaching experience of 18 years with considerable experience in field of gender research and human rights both in the applied side as well as the doctrinal research. She worked as the Director for BILS Centre for Applied Research in Law from 2013 to 2017. In 2012, she worked as a Research Assistant in Centre for Women and Law (CWL), National Law School of India University (NLSIU) and on the Ford Foundation Project on Human Rights Advocacy at NLSIU. She has her Doctorate from National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore under the guide ship of Dr. Sarasu Ester Thomas in 2014. Her Thesis investigates the Employment and Related Laws in the ITES Sector (Call Centre Industry) from a Gender Perspective. The thesis is being published as a book titled, “The Gender Issues in the ITES Sector- Of Continued Harms and Inadequate Remedies”.
She studied BA (Law) and LLB in University Law College, Bangalore and secured First Class, First rank. She briefly practiced for two years in the Criminal Court in Bangalore. Thereafter, she undertook post-graduate work earning an LLM degree with First Class, First rank, focusing on Consumer Protection Law, at University Law College, Bangalore. She has completed a Diploma Course In Human Rights from NLSIU in 2000. She has passed the UGC NET IN 2001.
She also worked as a visiting Faculty at Bishop Cottons Women’s Christian Law College teaching Corporate Law.
She has presented and authored many Research Papers in National Seminars, Journals & Online Portals.
- Woman and law
- Professional Ethics and Advocacy
- Public International Law
- Issues of Globalization
- Human Rights
- Intellectual Property Law
- Employment Laws
- Corporate Law
- Feminist perspectives in Research
- Criminal Justice & Juvenile Justice Law
- Contract Law & Employment laws
- A Case of Gender Discrimination in the Information Technology Enabled Sectors (ITES): Case Study in Bangalore, Amity Law Review, 2016.
- “Feminist Perspective towards Institutional Child Sexual Abuse”, ISSN 2321-9904, ITMU LAW REVIEW, VOL. 1, ISSUE 2 (JULY – DECEMBER 2015)
- “The Law on Sexual Harassment at Work Place in India: A Critical Appraisal” INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF LAW AND POLICY REVIEW, 2 (2), 442, 457 (2013).
- “The Security Issue Of Women’s Nightshift Work: A Specific Reference To The ITES/BPO Establishments”, LEGAL NEWS AND VIEWS, January 2013.
- “Liberalization, In-formalization and Feminization of the Labour Markets: A Specific Focus on the ITES Industry”, 31st SKOCH Summit, March 2013.
- “A Case of Occupational Gendered Bias, Post Globalization in the ITES Sector: An Analytical”, Indian Bar Review, 39 (4), 2012.
- Author, Course materials for Karnataka State Open University, Post Graduate Course in Cyber Law titled “Fundamental of computers and Data Protection” – in 2009.
- Author, Course materials for Karnataka State Open University, Post Graduate Course in Cyber Law titled “Property in Data Bases and Protecting confidential Information” – in 2009.
- Author, Course materials for Karnataka State Open University, Post Graduate Course in Cyber Law titled “Intellectual Property Issues and Cyber Space-An Indian Perspective “ – in 2009.
- Author, Course materials for Karnataka State Open University, Post Graduate Course in Cyber Law titled “Information System Outsourcing and E-Commerce Liability” – in 2009.
- Author, Course materials for Karnataka State Open University, Post Graduate Course in Cyber Law titled “Cyber Crime and Digital Evidence- An Indian Perspective” – in 2009.
- Author, Hindu Women’s Right to Property in Karnataka for Civil Judges training.
SEMINAR PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLIC LECTURES:
- Chair a session on the topic, “Women and Law” for their International student exchange programme from Nordic Summer School at National Law School on the 25th July, 2017.
- Presented a paper on “Education, National University and Constituting National Identity in India vis-a vis The System of Federal Universities in America”, at the National Conference at Christ University held from 26-28 July, 2017.
- Chaired a Session as Resourse person at the Two day National Seminar on ‘Constitutional Quest For Uniform Civil Code: Mirage or Compulsion’at National Law School of India University, Bengaluru on 17 and 18 March, 2017.
- Coordinated a National Seminar on the topic, “Combating Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace” and authored the Background Paper for the same and co-complied it materials as co-resource person.- April 20, 2016.
- Coordinated an One Day Interactive Seminar in collaboration with IIPA (Indian Institute of Public Administration) Karnataka Regional Branch on the topic, “Law relating to Sexual Harassment” and authored the Background Paper for the same and co-complied it materials as co-resource person.- September 3rd, 2016.
- Coordinated an One Day Interactive Seminar in collaboration with IIPA (Indian Institute of Public Administration) Karnataka Regional Branch on the topic, “Public Administration Under the Rule of Law” and authored the Background Paper for the same and co-complied it materials as co-resource person.
- Presented Paper on ‘Therapeutic Efficacy’ Perspective in the Novartis Glivec Patentability Case – The Larger Implications” at International Seminar on Indo-UK Perspectives on Public and Transactional Laws” organized by University Law College in association with British Council on 12/11/14.
- Resource person in National Seminar on “New Legislative Developments – Its Impact and Challenges for Business” in the technical session relating to- “ Issues and Challenges in Law Relating to Sexual Harassment of Women at Work Place”, organized by KILPAR with Government First Grade College on March 22, 2014.
- Invited to moderate a Session at the National Seminar on “The Changing Role of the Media in India: Constitutional Perspectives”, at Christ School of Law, Christ University on 28 February, 2014.
- Presented a Paper on “Vienna Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods’at Christ School of Law, Christ University for LL.M students in 17 February, 2014.
- Presented Paper in State Level Seminar on Value based Education: A Quite Revolution. Revisiting Swami Vivekananda Message for Contemporary India” on February 12, 2014.
- Presented a Paper on BASICS OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS to post graduate Management students in December 2011.
- Have been a delegate at the Seminar on “IP MANAGEMENT AND IP AS A PROFESSION” Conducted by United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) in collaboration with BRAIN LEAGUE.
- Addressed students of Bishop Cottons Women’s College of Law on – “Current trends in corporate law”.
- Addressed a lecture on “BIOTECHNOLOGY AND THE IMPORTANCE OF PATENTS” AT BMS ENGINEERING COLLEGE, Bangalore in October 2010.
- Addressed a lecture to the Civil Judges undergoing IV Phase of Regular Training– on the subject “Hindu Women’s Right to Property in Karnataka “in December 2010.
- Addressed a lecture on “Sexual Harassment at Workplace” for software professionals at TAVANT TECHNOLOGIES, KORAMANGALA, BANGALORE In 2009.
- Delivered a TALK on “Child rights” in ALL INDIA RADIO in 2009.
Dr. C S Ramesh
Dean, Research & InnovationsRead More
Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, Chennai
Mechanical Engg. (Metal Casting Sciences & Engg.)
U.V.C.E., Bangalore University
– Teaching – No. of years 25
– Research – No. of years 25
3. Subjects/Areas of research interest Finite Element analysis, Tribology, Metal Matrix Composites, Thermal Spray Coatings
4. Membership of professional bodies EC Member,Tribology Society of India, Fellow, Institution of Engineers
– Outstanding achievement Awards, Honors, etc.
1. Prof.Satish Dhawan Award for outstanding Contribution in field of Engineering Sciences by Karnataka State Government for year 2008
2. Best Publication Award from VGST, for the year 2011
3. Sudharshan Bhat Award for Best Research from IIT, Madras, Chennai. 1992
4.Indian Iconic Educationist Award from Indo Socio Development Association , 2017
5.Executed Research projects funded by several government agencies worth close to Two crores.
Controller of Examinations & Professor.Read More
Prof. Dr.Surendra kumar A. M. M.Tech in Thermal Science from Kerala University and B.Tech in Mechanical Engg from Calicut University. Dr. Surendra kumar has obtained his doctoral degree in the area of Two Phase flow from Indian Institute of Technology (I.I.T) Bombay. He has rich experience of 32 years in Academics, Research and Administration. He worked in BITS, Pilani, Dubai Campus for a decade where he held key position as Transcript & Grading In-Charge. He was Head, Dept. of Mechanical Engg in the affiliated college of Mumbai University and Mangalore University more than 20 years. He is member of several Professional Bodes like ASHRAE, Institution of Engineers India. Fluid Mechanics & Fluid Power. Society of India. Indian Society for Technical Education. Society of Automotive engineers and Solar energy Society of India.
His Research areas are Thermal & Fluid, Heat transfer, Refrigeration & Air conditioning, Renewable Energy. Published more than 20 papers in international & National journals. Editorial Board Member: Several International Journals of Mechanical and Production Engineering and Reviewer for Papers in Renewable Energy and Refrigeration and Air conditioning. Dr.Surendra kumar guided several M.Tech and Ph.D Thesis. In addition, he is having Administrative experience like Head of Dept., In-Charge Transcript & Grading, Staff Advisor & Chairman of ISTE Chapter, Member of Mumbai University Affiliation Committee, and Member of Mumbai University Moderation Committee & Board of Studies. etc in KVGCE, Mangalore University, VCET, Mumbai University, BITS Pilani, Dubai campus and Advisory Committee Member of ICTE 2015 London & ICFE 2015 Dubai.
Before serving the Controller of Examinations at Presidency University, Bangalore. He was Head, Dept of Mechanical Engg. and Asst. Dean, School of Engg. at Presidency University,Bangalore.
Associate DeanRead More
B.E., (Year 1989)
Computer Science and Engineering
M.S., (Year 1997)
M.E., (Year 2004)
Computer Science and Engineering
PSG College of Technology/
Ph.D (Year 2009)
Computer Science and Engineering
– Teaching – No. of years : 23 Years
– Research – No. of years : 14 Years
– Industry experience – No. of years : 5 Years
3. Subjects/Areas of research interest :
Computer Networking, Software Engineering, Internet of Things (IoT), Database Systems, Protocol Design for Internet, and Wireless Computing.
4. Membership of professional bodies
Life Member- ISTE (Indian Society for Technical Education)
Member in CSI (Computer Society of India)
Life Member in System Society of India
Life Member in Advanced Computing and Communications Society
-Please refer the attached file.
– Outstanding achievement
– Awards, Honors, etc.
Dr. C. Kalaiarasan Ph.D. pursued his B.E. degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Bharathidasan University in the year 1989. M.S.,degree in Software Systems from Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani. M.E., degree in Computer Science and Engineering from PSG college of Technology and PhD Computer Science and Engineering from Anna University, Chennai. He has been in the field of teaching since 23 years and he also gained an experience of 5 Years in Industry. He was a Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering at PSG College of Technology Coimbatore from the year 2000 to 2010.
He was the Principal, Tamilnadu College of Engineering (TCE) Coimbatore, the first self-financing engineering college in Tamilnadu from 2010 to 2015. He also served as Principal and Dean at SNS Technical Institutions, Coimbatore from 2015 to 2018. Currently he is working as Associate Dean, School of Engineering, Presidency University, Bengaluru.
He has published more than 40 papers in international and national journals and conference proceedings. His research area includes Computer Networks, TCP/IP, Wireless Networking, Software Engineering, IoT and Database Systems. Under his guidance Five PhD scholars completed their Doctorate and Four more are pursuing at Anna University, Chennai and Karpagam University Coimbatore. He has received funding of more than 15 Lakhs for developing software on security and Mobile Data base systems. He Setup Innovation Lab in collaboration with Texas Instruments, Grid and Cloud Computing Lab facility worth of Rs.21 lakhs. Organized many research seminars on Internet of Things (IoT). Under his effort SNS College of Engineering, Coimbatore received Anna University Research Centre for the department of Computer Science and Engineering in the year 2018. He received Distinguished Faculty in engineering award from Venus International Foundation and his credit he has published one Patent.
He was more involved in the NBA Accreditation and Anna University affiliation process. He is Reviewer for Elsevier Journal, ICTACT Journals and AMSE. Also he was reviewer for TATA McGrawHill Publications. He is Member for various professional societies includes ISTE, SSI ,IEI, CSI etc. He also authored books on Mobile Computing and Cryptography.
Mr. Jasjit Mahon
Director, PlacementsRead More
Jasjit Singh Mahon has 25 years of experience out of which 11 years he has spent in the industry and 14 years in Training and Placements. In Industry, he has been dealing with sales, marketing, branding, strategy, product training and market research in FMCG and Pharma sector. In academics he has been dealing with teaching, FDP, MDP, industry academic alliances, training and placements. He has been a member of Wipro Mission 10X program and Infosys Campus Connect program.