Dr. Nissar Ahmed
Chancellor – Presidency University, Chairman – Presidency Group of InstitutionsRead More
Dr. Nissar Ahmed
Chancellor – Presidency University
Chairman – Presidency Group of Institutions
Dr. Vijayan Immanuel
Pro ChancellorRead More
- Vice Chancellor at MIT Art, Design and Technology University, Pune
- Pro Vice Chancellor at IMS Unison University, Dehradun
- Vice President, JDA Software
- Vice President, HCL Technologies Ltd
- Professor & Head, Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, NITK Surathkal
Prof. Vijayan describes himself as a “Catalytic Learner and Leader”, always seeking to learn and understand, to apply the new learning and insights in simple, effective ways to benefit the organization and stakeholders.
A rather unique feature of his career and learning journey of over three decades, is that he has grassroots experience in diverse contexts and held senior leadership responsibilities in both, academic and corporate domains.
An alumnus of the Karnataka Regional Engineering College, Surathkal (now National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK), Surathkal), and, the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Prof. Vijayan had a fairly long stint of over two decades at NITK, Surathkal, where he served as Professor and Head of the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Apart from growing as a teacher, researcher, academician and administrator at NITK, Surathkal, he had the opportunity to make significant national level contributions as a member of the National Network Program on Curriculum Development, NASSCOM Committee on IT Finishing Schools, Co-Chairman, AIEEE Regional Center for All-India Admissions, in the introductory year 2002-‘03, and as Regional Chairman in 2003-’04. He also coordinated four MHRD funded large research projects and two Industry sponsored research projects. He has authored over 50 research publications.
Dr. Vijayan held senior leadership roles in the IT and Consulting industry for about a decade. He was Vice President at HCL Technologies and a highlight during that tenure was that he won the Silver Award at the Chief Learning Officers’ Symposium USA for the HCL – Harvard Emerging Leaders Program, a joint program between HCL Technologies and Harvard Business School. He also served a 2-year term as a Board Member on the Partners’ Advisory Council of Harvard Business Publishing.
After HCL, he took the responsibility as Vice President and Global Head, Corporate University at JDA Software. He set up the Corporate University and significant contributions included the creation of research and instructional design teams, and, state-of-the-art virtual training platforms for product developers, consulting professionals and customers in the Supply Chain ERP domain.
He returned to Academic Leadership when he joined IMS Unison University, Dehradun as Pro Vice Chancellor and later became the first Vice Chancellor of MIT Art, Design and Technology University, Pune.
His primary focus at Presidency University is to build “People” (staff and students), establish robust “Processes” and nurture a “Performance” culture to collaboratively propel the University to reach greater heights in learning, research, innovation and social outreach.
Dr. Nagendra Parashar
Vice ChancellorRead More
Prof. Dr. Nagendra Parashar has rich experience of 27 years in Academics, Research and Administration. He worked in BITS, Pilani for more than a decade where he held several key positions as Assistant Dean, Practice School Division; was in charge of Practice School & Placement, Dubai Campus, Editor-in-Chief of Journal etc. He was instrumental in establishing Practice School (internship programme) at BITS, Dubai campus. He worked as Pro-Vice Chancellor at KL University, Guntur, where he introduced a highly flexible and transparent academic structure through standardized systems and processes. As the Provost/ Director (Education) in GMR Varalakshmi Foundation, Andhra Pradesh, he has brought in innovative practices into the academia. He has published extensively in renowned journals and has authored two text books in the subject of manufacturing, and various manuals in diverse fields.
Dr. Radha Padmanabhan
Pro Vice ChancellorRead More
Radha Padmanabhan is a Ph.D. in Industrial Management from IIT , Chennai. Her area of research is Total Quality Management. She has an experience of more than 28 years in academics and academic administration. She was the founder Principal of Presidency College, Bengaluru, a unit of the Presidency Group of Institutions. She has held senior faculty and administrative level positions as the Director of MBA & MCA in reputed Institutions.
Her areas of academic Interest is Finance, particularly Stock Market studies, Security Analysis,& Portfolio Management, Legal Systems and Quantitative techniques. A person with a strong passion for research, she has guided research scholars in M.S. & Ph.D programs and has also sat on Viva Committees for Ph.D programs in IIT, Chennai. She has conducted FDPs, Refresher Courses and corporate training programs. She has also presented and published papers.
Dr. Mrinmoy Biswas
Ph. D. In Marketing Management from Corllins University, USA, MBA (Finance & Marketing) from Bangalore University and B. Tech. From Calcutta University
18 years of work experience in the corporate world and 9 years of experience in the academic field. In the corporate world he has served in corporate & global leaders such as Aditya Birla Group, S. P. Mistry Group etc. In the academic world he had served as Director – Training & Placement, National Head – Corporate Relations & Training, Executive Director and in similar senior positions in some of the most reputed educational groups. He has travelled extensively across the world.
Email: [email protected]
Dr. Prabhakar Reddy
Dean, School of EngineeringRead More
Prof Dr C Prabhakar Reddy did his Bachelor of Engineering (B.Tech:1973-78) in Mechanical and Master of Engineering (M.Tech:1978-80) in Thermal Power from J N T U, Hyderabad and Ph D (1995) in I C Engines from N I T (formerly R E C) Warangal. He has started his carrier as Lecturer in S.I.T Tumkur and served from 1980 to 1981 and later moved to K.S.R.M. College of Engineering, Cuddapah and served there between 1981 and 1984. He had a long stint at Sir Rao Bahadur Y Mahabaleshwarappa College of Engineering (formerly V E C) as Assistant Professor (1984 – 1996) and Professor and Head of Mechanical Engineering (1996-2000). Prof Reddy served for a short while as Principal (2000 – 01) at B C E T, Pondicherry. From 2001 to 2016 he has served as founder Principal at Sri Venkateshwara College of Engineering, Bangalore. Under his leadership SVCE is certified with I S O certification by B V Q I twice and N B A accreditation in November 2015.
He has many publications to his credit: 14 – Journal publications, 35 – National conferences, 19 – International conferences, 08 – National Seminars, 08 – Invited Lectures. He has 66 Publications to his credit. He has guided 04 Ph D scholars for the award of Ph D degrees and two more are awaited for their Ph Ds. He has filed two patents. He was awarded the prestigious “Sir Rajendranath Mukherjee Award” for the best technical paper at all India level by Institution of Engineers.
He is a member of many professional bodies such as Fellow of Institution of Engineers, Indian Society for Technical Education, Indian Society for Mechanical Engineers, Combustion Institute India, Society of Automotive Engineers etc.
Apart from serving in various positions as Board of Studies Chairman, Board of Examiner Chairman he has also served VTU in various capacities such as Member LIC, Chairman LIC and Academic Senate Member (2004–07). He was awarded best teacher twice in his previous institutions.
He was responsible for getting sanctioned couple of projects under KSCST and MODROBS for more than 40 lakhs and completed them successfully. He has guided many Under Graduate and Post Graduate projects out of which more than one dozen were converted into experimental rigs today in various laboratories.
He has conducted and organized many state level activities in his carrier apart from establishing high end research laboratories. His areas of interest include Alternate Sources of Energy, LHR Engines, Problems on Optimization Techniques and Heat Transfer.
Dr. K.Krishna Kumar
Dean, School of Management, Presidency UniversityRead More
A Financial Services Industry Professional with over 20 years of experience in Financial Markets and Financial Services. Holds a Bachelor Degree’s in Commerce and Law, Master’s Degree in Financial Analysis and Doctoral Degree in Management. His Professional Certifications include Certified Financial Analyst from ICFAI, Certified Hedge Fund Professional from Hedge Funds Group USA, International Banking Regulations from GARP, Operational Risk Certification from CISI UK. He was one among the first batch of CFP certificant’s in India. He had worked as Head of Dept. of Commerce at Alliance University, Bangalore. He teaches Financial Markets, Security Analysis, Financial Derivatives, Corporate Finance, International Financial Management and Project Finance. His research interests are Financial Markets in general and Mutual Funds in particular. He has made presentations in various national and international conferences and has publications in national journals. He has authored official study material on Investment Planning, Financial Planning Applications and Time Value of Money for Financial Service Professionals published by Life Underwriters Guild of India.
Dr. Sapna Mohan
Professor & Dean, School of Law, Presidency University.Read More
Dr. Sapna Mohan is the Professor and Dean, School of Law. Prior to joining the Presidency University she was the Principal of Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies, Bengaluru. She has a teaching experience of 18 years with considerable experience in field of gender research and human rights both in the applied side as well as the doctrinal research. She worked as the Director for BILS Centre for Applied Research in Law from 2013 to 2017. In 2012, she worked as a Research Assistant in Centre for Women and Law (CWL), National Law School of India University (NLSIU) and on the Ford Foundation Project on Human Rights Advocacy at NLSIU. She has her Doctorate from National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore under the guide ship of Dr. Sarasu Ester Thomas in 2014. Her Thesis investigates the Employment and Related Laws in the ITES Sector (Call Centre Industry) from a Gender Perspective. The thesis is being published as a book titled, “The Gender Issues in the ITES Sector- Of Continued Harms and Inadequate Remedies”.
She studied BA (Law) and LLB in University Law College, Bangalore and secured First Class, First rank. She briefly practiced for two years in the Criminal Court in Bangalore. Thereafter, she undertook post-graduate work earning an LLM degree with First Class, First rank, focusing on Consumer Protection Law, at University Law College, Bangalore. She has completed a Diploma Course In Human Rights from NLSIU in 2000. She has passed the UGC NET IN 2001.
She also worked as a visiting Faculty at Bishop Cottons Women’s Christian Law College teaching Corporate Law.
She has presented and authored many Research Papers in National Seminars, Journals & Online Portals.
- Woman and law
- Professional Ethics and Advocacy
- Public International Law
- Issues of Globalization
- Human Rights
- Intellectual Property Law
- Employment Laws
- Corporate Law
- Feminist perspectives in Research
- Criminal Justice & Juvenile Justice Law
- Contract Law & Employment laws
- A Case of Gender Discrimination in the Information Technology Enabled Sectors (ITES): Case Study in Bangalore, Amity Law Review, 2016.
- “Feminist Perspective towards Institutional Child Sexual Abuse”, ISSN 2321-9904, ITMU LAW REVIEW, VOL. 1, ISSUE 2 (JULY – DECEMBER 2015)
- “The Law on Sexual Harassment at Work Place in India: A Critical Appraisal” INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF LAW AND POLICY REVIEW, 2 (2), 442, 457 (2013).
- “The Security Issue Of Women’s Nightshift Work: A Specific Reference To The ITES/BPO Establishments”, LEGAL NEWS AND VIEWS, January 2013.
- “Liberalization, In-formalization and Feminization of the Labour Markets: A Specific Focus on the ITES Industry”, 31st SKOCH Summit, March 2013.
- “A Case of Occupational Gendered Bias, Post Globalization in the ITES Sector: An Analytical”, Indian Bar Review, 39 (4), 2012.
- Author, Course materials for Karnataka State Open University, Post Graduate Course in Cyber Law titled “Fundamental of computers and Data Protection” – in 2009.
- Author, Course materials for Karnataka State Open University, Post Graduate Course in Cyber Law titled “Property in Data Bases and Protecting confidential Information” – in 2009.
- Author, Course materials for Karnataka State Open University, Post Graduate Course in Cyber Law titled “Intellectual Property Issues and Cyber Space-An Indian Perspective “ – in 2009.
- Author, Course materials for Karnataka State Open University, Post Graduate Course in Cyber Law titled “Information System Outsourcing and E-Commerce Liability” – in 2009.
- Author, Course materials for Karnataka State Open University, Post Graduate Course in Cyber Law titled “Cyber Crime and Digital Evidence- An Indian Perspective” – in 2009.
- Author, Hindu Women’s Right to Property in Karnataka for Civil Judges training.
SEMINAR PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLIC LECTURES:
- Chair a session on the topic, “Women and Law” for their International student exchange programme from Nordic Summer School at National Law School on the 25th July, 2017.
- Presented a paper on “Education, National University and Constituting National Identity in India vis-a vis The System of Federal Universities in America”, at the National Conference at Christ University held from 26-28 July, 2017.
- Chaired a Session as Resourse person at the Two day National Seminar on ‘Constitutional Quest For Uniform Civil Code: Mirage or Compulsion’at National Law School of India University, Bengaluru on 17 and 18 March, 2017.
- Coordinated a National Seminar on the topic, “Combating Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace” and authored the Background Paper for the same and co-complied it materials as co-resource person.- April 20, 2016.
- Coordinated an One Day Interactive Seminar in collaboration with IIPA (Indian Institute of Public Administration) Karnataka Regional Branch on the topic, “Law relating to Sexual Harassment” and authored the Background Paper for the same and co-complied it materials as co-resource person.- September 3rd, 2016.
- Coordinated an One Day Interactive Seminar in collaboration with IIPA (Indian Institute of Public Administration) Karnataka Regional Branch on the topic, “Public Administration Under the Rule of Law” and authored the Background Paper for the same and co-complied it materials as co-resource person.
- Presented Paper on ‘Therapeutic Efficacy’ Perspective in the Novartis Glivec Patentability Case – The Larger Implications” at International Seminar on Indo-UK Perspectives on Public and Transactional Laws” organized by University Law College in association with British Council on 12/11/14.
- Resource person in National Seminar on “New Legislative Developments – Its Impact and Challenges for Business” in the technical session relating to- “ Issues and Challenges in Law Relating to Sexual Harassment of Women at Work Place”, organized by KILPAR with Government First Grade College on March 22, 2014.
- Invited to moderate a Session at the National Seminar on “The Changing Role of the Media in India: Constitutional Perspectives”, at Christ School of Law, Christ University on 28 February, 2014.
- Presented a Paper on “Vienna Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods’at Christ School of Law, Christ University for LL.M students in 17 February, 2014.
- Presented Paper in State Level Seminar on Value based Education: A Quite Revolution. Revisiting Swami Vivekananda Message for Contemporary India” on February 12, 2014.
- Presented a Paper on BASICS OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS to post graduate Management students in December 2011.
- Have been a delegate at the Seminar on “IP MANAGEMENT AND IP AS A PROFESSION” Conducted by United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) in collaboration with BRAIN LEAGUE.
- Addressed students of Bishop Cottons Women’s College of Law on – “Current trends in corporate law”.
- Addressed a lecture on “BIOTECHNOLOGY AND THE IMPORTANCE OF PATENTS” AT BMS ENGINEERING COLLEGE, Bangalore in October 2010.
- Addressed a lecture to the Civil Judges undergoing IV Phase of Regular Training– on the subject “Hindu Women’s Right to Property in Karnataka “in December 2010.
- Addressed a lecture on “Sexual Harassment at Workplace” for software professionals at TAVANT TECHNOLOGIES, KORAMANGALA, BANGALORE In 2009.
- Delivered a TALK on “Child rights” in ALL INDIA RADIO in 2009.
Professor Venkatesh K. A.
Dean- Research and ConsultancyRead More
Professor Venkatesh K. A. has a post-graduate degree in Mathematics from M K University, and a Master of Philosophy degree in mathematics from M S University. Prof. Venkatesh also has a Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications from M S University. Venkatesh has obtained his doctoral degree in the area of Discrete Mathematics and Combinatorial Optimization from Algappa University.
Prof. Venkatesh has twenty four years experience in academia. Prof. Venkatesh has attended national and international conferences and presented papers, which have received wide acclaim.
Prof. Venkatesh was heading the Cognitive Science department., CSE and IT department of Alliance College od Engineering and Design.
As a part of a consulting assignment, he served as CTO and Head – HR at I-source worldwide (I) Pvt Ltd for a period of 4 years.
Prof. Venkatesh has authored 3 books in the area of “Discrete Mathematics”. These books are prescribed text books for various universities and National level bodies such as Grade IETE.
Prof. Venkatesh has also organized conferences and seminars in the area of Graph Theory and Information Security. Prof. Venkatesh has been acting as a resource person for conferences and Faculty Development Programs in the areas of combinatorics and theory of computation.
Prof. Venkatesh was the founder secretary of ADMA (Academy of Discrete Mathematics and Applications).
He is serving as Dean- Research and Consultancy at Presidency University, Bangalore.
Areas of Interest
Graph Theory, Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence, Combinatorial Optimization and Quantitative Finance
PROFESSOR Jyoti Prakash Naidu
Dean Research, Innovation and PartnershipsRead More
Dr. Prakash Naidu has worked in or has been affiliated with leading institutions, laboratories, and industry as well as start-ups and SMEs in the UK (University College London, University of Derby), USA (MIT-Spin-off Companies at Boston, University of Phoenix- Arizona), Canada (University of Toronto and Spin-offs, Meritus University, Carleton University), and India (CAIR-DRDO, IRIS, HMT) in different capacities. He has been recognized by several awards and honours including the Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship & Fellowship (1992-96), Defence Technology Spin-off Award received from the honourable Prime Minister of India as Project Director of Institute for Robotics and Intelligent Systems (2005), and National Mechanical Engineering Design Awards (Senior- 2003, Student- 1979) from National Design and Research Forum, Institution of Engineers, India; Canadian Star of Global Health Award (2013) from Grand Challenges Canada funded by the Government of Canada for Bold Ideas. He is the originator of the field of Design for Automation as an extension of the Axiomatic Design Theory established at MIT, and his research interests include Design Theory and Methodology with applications for Design of Intelligent Systems, Design for Patentability and Sustainability in the fields of medical devices, biotechnology, advanced manufacturing, mechatronics, robotics, automation, virtual reality, business methods and other areas overlapping with multi-disciplinary aspects of humanities and social sciences. He has vast hands-on design, development, and product realization experience ranging from manufacturing systems for specialized aerospace components to biomedical devices with several patents issued or under process; one of his major achievements being development of pioneering DNA Arraying System for biomedical applications culminating in sale of technology to industry for considerable fees and royalty. He is a licensed member of the Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario, Canada.
Controller of Examinations, Presidency UniversityRead More
Prof. Dr.Surendra kumar A. M. M.Tech in Thermal Science from Kerala University and B.Tech in Mechanical Engg from Calicut University. Dr. Surendra kumar has obtained his doctoral degree in the area of Two Phase flow from Indian Institute of Technology (I.I.T) Bombay. He has rich experience of 32 years in Academics, Research and Administration. He worked in BITS, Pilani, Dubai Campus for a decade where he held key position as Transcript & Grading In-Charge. He was Head, Dept. of Mechanical Engg in the affiliated college of Mumbai University and Mangalore University more than 20 years. He is member of several Professional Bodes like ASHRAE, Institution of Engineers India. Fluid Mechanics & Fluid Power. Society of India. Indian Society for Technical Education. Society of Automotive engineers and Solar energy Society of India.
His Research areas are Thermal & Fluid, Heat transfer, Refrigeration & Air conditioning, Renewable Energy. Published more than 20 papers in international & National journals. Editorial Board Member: Several International Journals of Mechanical and Production Engineering and Reviewer for Papers in Renewable Energy and Refrigeration and Air conditioning. Dr.Surendra kumar guided several M.Tech and Ph.D Thesis. In addition, he is having Administrative experience like Head of Dept., In-Charge Transcript & Grading, Staff Advisor & Chairman of ISTE Chapter, Member of Mumbai University Affiliation Committee, and Member of Mumbai University Moderation Committee & Board of Studies. etc in KVGCE, Mangalore University, VCET, Mumbai University, BITS Pilani, Dubai campus and Advisory Committee Member of ICTE 2015 London & ICFE 2015 Dubai.
Before serving the Controller of Examinations at Presidency University, Bangalore. He was Head, Dept of Mechanical Engg. and Asst. Dean, School of Engg. at Presidency University,Bangalore.